❝ EPILOGUE ❞

▌Epilogue ─ The Final Act ▌

Epilogue ─ The Final Act

      ━━━━━ IRIS SAT ACROSS from Blanc, who talked to Elliott over the phone. Iris had been pressing her nails into her palms, anxiously washing over her as she stared at the floor.

"All right, my friend, thank you for the update. No need for that. I'll bring them in once we get word that the housekeeper is stable. It's still touch and go. All right." Blanc said, handing up the phone. Iris lifted her head and stared at the man.

"Listen, this is over. People are getting hurt. So I'm gonna tell you the truth." Marta said.

"Young Ransom and Mister Fred just told Lieutenant Elliott everything." Blanc informed the two.

"Good. Wait, I hope they didn't cover for me. Did they tell you the real truth about me switching the..."

Benoit sighed, "yeah."

"And the disguise bit?"

"Yes."

"And the whole blackmail and..."

"Mmm-hmm."

"But why did Fran take my morphine? I mean, obviously she had swiped the bag from the house, but she didn't seem like a user to me, unless that's why she needed the blackmail money. I don't know, it doesn't matter anyway. I have to tell the Thrombey's myself, I feel like I owe that to them."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"No, I have to do it. I need to do it. I gave the doctors my number, so they'll call if anything changes with Fran."

"All right. I'll round up the Thrombey's at the house, along with a police escort."

"For the arrest after."

"You can tell me your whole story on the drive over. I don't want any more surprises, from either of you."

───── ❝ ◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸ ❞ ─────

Iris was now in the back seat of Marta's car as they pulled up to the house. Marta had caught Blanc up on everything that had happened.

"Fran said it was stashed, the copy, and then she said, 'You did this. You won't get away with it,' and I called the ambulance. That's it." Marta said.

"All right. You ready?" Blanc asked the two.

"No, I will never be ready with anything that involves my family but I have to endure it." Iris said, as she looked down at her palms.

Soon they all exited out of the car and headed towards the house. Blanc was the first to walk through followed by Marta and Iris.

"Oh!" Richard called out as they entered. "Okay. Well, has she come to her senses?" Iris rolled her eyes at her unfaithful father.