1.2 - The Marseille Mission

The day after Y/N applied to join the army, he was taken to the training camp for his physical and medical examinations. There was no problem with his medical, he was a completely healthy however his physical test was much more interesting now Y/N was in good shape for someone his age so he was slightly dumbfounded that he had managed to not only pass but with flying colours even surpassing what the other army hopefuls were doing.

Despite his initial surprise to his physical prowess, his accomplishments only fueled his arrogance and ego which from that day forward only grew bigger once he was enlisted as a Private in the army.

----------------------------------------------------------
9 years later

The year was 1913 and Y/N was now 27 years old well that's what his age was on his Army application in reality he was actually 25 years old, he was still in His Majesty's Army and had been promoted all the way up to Captain not that it was a surprise to Y/N particularly, the unfortunate part of being Captain was the increased responsibilities which annoyed Y/N to no end. During his time in the military, he had massively honed his skills in the handling of firearms and hand to hand combat to points where they were at almost master levels, Y/N had raw natural talent when it came to fighting.

Back to the scene, Y/N was currently sitting in an armoured car with his team of lower ranking soldiers. They were in Marseille, France searching for a man named Laurent De Paul, a French national who was the leader of an independent group that had captured and killed dozens of English soldiers, the orders were to locate any soldiers that they find and to capture De Paul.

Y/N looked at his small team of seven soldiers with him "Right then fellas, we're getting near their base. So we're gonna go in, kill a fuckload of people and come out with the putain de connard that's fucking asshole for those of you that don't speak French and get the fuck back out. Everyone got it?" The seven soldiers looked at him skepticism about the man leading the mission, this wasn't language they were expecting from their superior. Despite Y/N's enhanced training, his attitude has always remained the same - arrogant, light-hearted and witty a combination which annoyed his superiors and colleagues to seemingly no end.

After another ten minutes of driving, Captain L/N's team were not far from the base that Laurent De Paul was located at. He and his team exited their armoured vehicle and trenched on towards the base. Y/N had a Short Magazine Lee Enfield (SMLE) which was the standard British rifle coupled with dual M1911 pistols with two 1913 trench knives for the possibility of hand to hand combat.