4.8 - I'm With You Til' The End Of The Line

Y/N was standing next to Natasha as everyone was gathered around Nick who was laying in his hospital bed as he explained to them his situation "Lacerated spinal column, cracked sternum, shattered collarbone, perforated liver, one hell of a headache."

Y/N snorted "Sucks to be you." He taunted earning a middle finger from Nick and an elbow in the ribs from Natasha.

"Nice to see that at least part of you still functions." Y/N taunted his long time friend further.

"Don't forget your collapsed lung." The doctor who had been taking care of Fury added.

"Oh, let's not forget that. Otherwise, I'm good." He winced in pain a little as he readjusted himself to get more comfortable.

Besides Y/N and Hill, the others were still processing the fact Fury was still alive "They cut you open, your heart stopped." Natasha said.

"Any other person and that would've been a meal." Y/N muttered under his breath.

"Don't you be saying these things...... It'll only fuel my want for food."

"Tetrodotoxin B. Slows the pulse to one beat a minute. Banner developed it for stress. Didn't work so great for him, but we found a use for it." Nick explained further.

"Why all the secrecy? Why not just tell us? And why was Y/N, the only one who got to know when he S.H.I.E.L.D doesn't concern him?" Steve asked in rapid succession.

"Any attempt on the director's life had to look successful." Maria answered for Nick but he still has more to say.

"Can't kill you if you're already dead. Besides, I wasn't sure who to trust." Nick added before he glanced at Y/N "I've known Y/N for nearly thirty years, I was certain I could trust him."

"Too fucking right you can." Y/N cheered slightly.

Maria turned to the trio "Y/N's been in constant contact with me, keeping us up to date with everything going on."

Steve furrowed his eyebrows as he pieced it all together. He looked at Y/N who was a little bit smug at the whole ordeal "So when you went out yesterday..." Before he could finish his sentence, Y/N interrupted him.

"Bingo!" He exclaimed with a wink and a gun finger gesture pointed at Steve.

Natasha huffed a little and said quietly which only Y/N could hear "Clever boy."

Venom rolled his eyes "Somehow, we have our moments."

------------------------------------------------------------------

"HOW COULD YOU LET THEM GET AWAY!? YOU HAD THEM RESTRAINED!!" Alexander Pierce exploded at Brock Rumlow and the rest of the HYDRA Strike team who were bitterly annoyed with themselves.

"Sir, with all due respect, Venompool is an unpredictable individual, you'd have had to have been crazy to drive into the area." Brock spoke up, trying to redeem himself and his team somewhat despite their errors at containing the situation.

Pierce stepped to Rumlow and then backhanded him across the face with his own pistol, dropping the Strike team leader to the ground with a newly swollen cheek. Pierce towered over the downed Rumlow and threatened menacingly "Have you met Venompool of course he's crazy!"

Pierce then kneeled down to get in Rumlow's face and said softly yet still equally threatening "And as for Venompool being 'unpredictable'............ You better get predicting and fast son."

Rumlow got to his feet and said with confidence "Yes sir."

Pierce looked around the rest of the Strike team "That goes for all of you." He loudly warned.