Chapter 6

- Eva -

I approached the tree. I was finally going to be able to choose a dream. Surrounded by all these dancing spheres, I was hoping to come across a dream that would take up the elements of Chinese mythology with large temples guarded by talking animals. Or, a much more down-to-earth world, a world full of charming young single men who would be entirely devoted to me and who would grant my every wish. Unfortunately, we were not in my dreams but in Remi's, and I could not see him indulging in this kind of dream. Among all the colours, an ochre bead spotted with orange called out to me and I grabbed it. Its touch gave me the feeling of a soft caress and immediately, one of the waterfalls changed colour.

Did I make the right choice? I couldn't wait to discover this dream and went first, even walking past Erwan for once, taunting him.

Everything was black. There was not a sound.

- 'Are you there?' I said worried.

All answered positively, but it was impossible for me to see them, or even touch them. Stretching out my arms in front of me, I slowly started to grope and pray not to get into anything.

- 'Remi, could you tell us what's going on?' I asked, my voice slightly strangled by anxiety.

I have the unpleasant feeling of being a ghost.

- 'I can no longer see the waterfall to return to the lighthouse,' Vaness worried.

- 'Don't worry, it's normal,' Remi said in a calm voice.

No, "normal" is not the first term that comes to mind.

- 'When I sleep,' he began to explain, 'I mainly have two types of dreams: lucid dreams in which I can intervene directly on the course of history, as in the village dream, and narrative dreams that tell a story in which I am a spectator as it seems to be the case. So don't worry.'

At his words, a gleam broke out in the darkness.

- 'The moment of truth! I hope it doesn't suck,' Erwan commented.

Tic. The image of a drop of water falling on a liquid surface appeared. The waves of the impact spread harmoniously, revealing the vision of the universe with its billions of stars, comets and other celestial bodies. The music began.

I immediately recognized the first notes of Remi's favourite song. Gravity of Love, by Enigma.

Not quite my style, I admit, but there is something in this tune that doesn't leave me indifferent either.

He had introduced me to this music one day at his house. The volume was at its maximum on the speakers, the windows vibrated, and he knew every word, every variation, every silence. He must have listened to it a hundred times, if not more.

The scene moved up to the level of a small nebula with sparkling shades. It came to life to the rhythm of the notes, the colours danced. Purple, orange, fuchsia, turquoise... intertwined, intermingled. Strength and gentleness never ceased to love each other. The light intensified. This condensed set of images called upon the deepest sensations and emotions to extract them from the shadows. Love, compassion, sadness. The pace is slowing down. There was silence again. The intensity of the scene increased. The nebula stretched across the universe, the colours dispersed and everything exploded into a gigantic firework display.

At the end of the show, and without knowing how, we reappeared in the lighthouse room, with stars in our eyes.

- 'The film is over!' exclaimed Erwan. 'Well, at first, I was afraid to be bored, but the final was something! All these explosions in all directions. It was like being in the middle of an interstellar war.'