Part R

I watched him lean against that cold wall, trying in vain to move. Prisoner of my power, unable to resist or fight back. The pure and simple demonstration of his powerlessness.

I'm so disappointed. He's nothing like I imagined him to be.

- 'You'd probably appreciate it if I just ended it right now?' l whispered deliciously in his ear. 'No, don't tell me anything. Oh, but silly me! You can't talk, can you?'

His eyes spoke to me much more clearly than any words could ever express what he thought of me. All the hatred, resentment and fear that I instilled in him filled me with pure joy and deep satisfaction.

- 'What if we played a little more first,' I said, moving away from him. 'One last time.'

I snapped my fingers and a sword flew into the wall right next to his left leg.

- 'That was a close one! I must be a little rusty. I should practice, don't you think? I'll do it again.'

I snapped my fingers again and two swords went crashing on both sides of his arms, as close to him as possible, slightly scratching his sweater.

- 'It's more like it, don't you think?'

The rage grew in his eyes.

Let's see where your boundary is, Remi.

- 'Come on, do something while you still can, brother! Doesn't it bother you to see me in front of you, the one responsible for all your pains, all your torments?'

A new snap and three swords were sent to crash all around his head, cutting off a few strands of hair on the way.

- 'That was pretty close,' I amused myself. 'Come on, make an effort! This monologue is getting boring. At least try to move your lips. I wonder where the next ones will lodge themselves. Your arms? Your legs? Your skull?.... Your heart?'

As I spoke, the rage that consumed him gradually gave way to fear. It was a joyful spectacle, but something was restricting my joy. He was so pitifully weak that it was disappointing. All this, all this... preparation to face only a pale reflection of my power, of my being. He was nothing in front of me, like a grain of sand on the way to a hurricane. Insignificant.

- 'Well, you still won't answer me? You're even worse than I thought. I wonder who's gonna save your friends now.'

Remi tried to articulate something, but his teeth were stubbornly stuck.

- 'If you want me to understand you, you're gonna have to put a little more heart into it! Come on, Remi, where's your flame? Is it already extinguished? If that is the case, I would no longer even have to tip the balance of dreams in my favour.'

I then felt the screams contained in his body, his teeth screeching as he clattered against each other and the drops of sweat beading on his forehead as he struggled to move.

- 'Where... rrr... are... my... friends...?' he finally managed to breathe laboriously.

- 'We're getting somewhere. Finally, it was all about motivation. You'd better ask me what I'm going to do with this world rather than worry about the fate of these parasites.'

- 'Where... rr... are they?'

- 'In a place where they can't do anything for you. You're alone, as you've always been. Well, no, not exactly. I've always been there, lurking deep inside you, deep inside your soul. Another version of your being, much more powerful and dangerous, that you let escape. How reckless!' I smiled. 'What are you going to do now? You thought this world was just dreams and joys, but you didn't even think it would free your worst opponent... Strange no, this delicate harmony that governs good and evil, this scale. It's another one of your beliefs. Everything is not just black and white. Life is much more vicious than that....'