He placed his hands on my waist and mine around his neck. "Oh my god, I owe you one Xavier."

He laughed. "You look like you needed help. You're looking marvellous by the way."

"Thank you, you're looking quite handsome," I answered.

"So where's your date?"

"Don't have one," he sighed.

"Why the hell not, I mean have you seen yourself lately," I playfully winked. Chuckling, he spun me around. "I don't have time for a relationship right now, I have to take over my father's business."

"That doesn't have to stop you from dating, you can balance it out."

"That's not the only reason. I just came out of a relationship that ended badly," he furrowed his eyebrows.

"What happened?"

"We were together for only two years, but I loved her and wanted to get married. She told me she was pregnant and it was the best day of my life," he chuckled sadly.

"Anyways, mother wanted her to take a paternity test to see if the baby was mine. Long story short, she refused but we got it anyway. Turns out she and my close friend were sleeping together for a year, and the baby was his."

Holy shit. That sounds painful. I pulled him in for a hug, burying my face in his chest. "I'm sorry that happened to you. She sounds like a complete bitch and your friend is an asshole. Karma is a bitch, and I hope your ex gets a heart attack on the sidewalk, then gets run over by a diesel truck."

He guffawed. "You have a dangerously strong imagination, Neph. But thank you, it feels good talking to somebody."

"Anytime."

"Um, question. Why is my brother looking at me as if he wants to throw me in a grinder?"

Turning my head, I saw Xander a few feet away with some blonde dancing against him. Adverting my eyes, I gave my attention back to Xavier.

They say jealousy is a green-eyed monster, and it flashed in Xander's eyes. He didn't even realize the blonde was flopping against him like a fish out of water. Pathetic really.

"Maybe because your hand is on my ass," I laughed. He moved it up to my lower back. "My bad, sorry. But that's not the only reason, is it?"

"Nope, he lied to me and we stopped talking," I replied vaguely. He looked like he was about to dig deeper so I cut him off. "I'm not gonna explain anything, so don't ask." The dance ended and I went to the balcony to clear my head.

I stood out there enjoying the view of the beautiful night sky for about fifteen minutes before I got chilly and turned to go back inside. Due to a torpedo of thoughts clouding my mind, I didn't realize someone was before me until I bumped into them.

"Sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going and-"

"That's fine, Neph." Great, just what I needed.

Grimacing, I stepped aside. "Oh, it's you." Letting out a sigh of frustration, he looked at me. "Can you just talk to me for one second, Neph? I understand that I wasn't honest but-"

"That isn't the only reason why I'm angry, Xander," I cut him off.

"What else did I do?" Damn. He's a good actor, he looked genuinely confused. Laughing icily, I replied. "Are you seriously going to stand there and pretend you don't know what I'm talking about?"

"I'm serious, I really don't know."

"I'm talking about you and Bianca," I sassed.

"Me and Bianca? We're just friends." I looked at him, disbelief in my eyes. "Oh, so you're telling me that you shove your tongue down every friend's throat?" I shrieked.

He seemed confused for a moment, then his eyes lit up, remembering. "She kissed me, and I pushed her away. I swear it."

Hearing footsteps, I saw that Helen, Drew and Xavier had come out to see what the commotion was about.

"Whatever. I'm leaving." As I tried to sidestep him, he grabbed onto my arms; holding me in place. "Neph, I'm sorry okay."

Pulling out of his arms, I backed up and laughed sarcastically. "Sorry isn't good enough, please release me."

Wiping my tears, I stared into his eyes. He wore a look of sadness, regret and guilt. "Just stay out of my life, it's better for both of us. I'll let Walter drive me home, don't come after me."

Before leaving, I turned to the Carson's. "Thank you." I nodded and left. As I was near the exit, my eyes drifted around looking for Walter. I bumped into someone for the second time for the night, making me drop my purse, and scattering the contents. I bent down to pick them up, apologizing at the same.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize wh-"

"That's okay, dear." Despite all the years that have passed, I could still recognize that voice anywhere.

I looked up and froze. Great, just what I needed to make my night even more shitty. I saw my father, Elias.