Home

Izuku pulled away from the shelf with a deep sigh, sitting back on his haunches as he wiped the sweat from his forehead, standing and stepping back to make sure it was straight, groaning as he noticed the slight tilt. His mother chuckled behind him, having already completed the living room set up, just finishing the final touch by placing a light blue pillow down on the dark gray loveseat. Izuku offered a lopsided grin, placing the drill on the marble countertop as he pulled his sweatshirt over his head to toss it onto the barstool. "That's gonna have to do for now," he laughed, his dam shaking her head in amusement.

"Honey, we could've asked for assistance from one of my friends," she spoke, glancing back at the tilted shelf hanging beside the tv stand. "Besides, you have all the time in the world to decorate."

"Yeah, I know," he said, taking a seat on the new couch. "But I just wanted to have the pride of knowing I could do it without help," Izuku stated. "Although, that shelf is going to bother the hell out of me!" The greenette laughed, watching as the plump Omega took a seat beside him. "This is truly a wonderful apartment, mom. Thank you so much," he looked at her, leaning in to wrap her in his arms.

"No need to thank me!" She silenced him, brushing a curl out of his face. "You're my son, I couldn't have you living out of dirty motels, could I? Plus, I had your college fund put away, but I suppose this is just as good," she grinned at him, kissing his forehead gently. "It's getting late, I should head home before it gets too dark," she sighed, standing up and grabbing her coat, sliding on her shoes and hugging her son tightly.

"Bye, mom," Izuku waved as she left, now suddenly feeling awkward as he stood alone in the three bedroom apartment. "What am I ever going to do with this much space?" He sighed, shaking his head as his eyes danced around the room, landing on the framed picture of his first ultrasound hanging behind the couch, walking forward to examine it closer. He remembered how his mother had to hold his hand the whole time, as he was a nervous wreck and could hardly keep still. He giggled happily at the thought, before his mind wandered dangerously to Katsuki, crossing his arms over his chest and staring down at his knitted socks with a disgruntled expression. Silently, he walked into his half empty bedroom, plopping down onto the king sized bed and sprawling out, feeling out of place in the practically scentless space. He nuzzled his face into the turquoise comforter, fingers clutching the silkily soft pillows as he reached down to cup his slightly extended tummy, humming a soft tune into the uncomfortable silence.

Five months. He's already five months pregnant, yet it still seemed like just yesterday. It was such an unfortunate series of events, but now he couldn't be happier that he now had a pup to love and cherish, the same way Katsuki never did. It was bittersweet in a sense. Even if the Alpha rejected him and the unborn baby when he finally admits everything to him, he won't let it bring him down. He's past that now, he'll raise this child to be just as generous and caring as he was raised to be. He won't allow them to turn out a narcissistic jerk that only cared for themselves, and he'd be damned if his pup treated others horribly just to get on top. He sighed softly, biting back a small cry that threatened to spill as he rubbed gentle circles over his chubby tummy. He hoped Katsuki would change, he really did. It broke his heart to know that the baby could go his whole life without knowing who their father was.
He wasn't going to allow that man to see his child until he knew for a fact he wasn't the same scumbag that treated him like a step stool to get to where he wanted — the top — without giving a care in the world for who he was hurting.

He slowly pulled the blanket over his body, crossing his arms behind his head to stare up at the ceiling, toes curling from the cold. He wanted to snuggle up to his Alpha's warm body, hands resting on his chest as the blonde's arms tightened around his waist. But that wasn't his Alpha. No matter how much he dreamed of having the happy life with Katsuki that he's wanted since he was in middle school, it would just never be his reality. No, he was destined to be a single Omegan mother that got knocked up by his childhood friend. Maybe, if he was lucky, he could find some poor Alpha to have enough pity for him to be willing to take the Omega as a mate. He could settle down with another man, he could raise his child to another sire. It was something he knew he'd have to accept. No Omega could raise a baby alone, it just wasn't physically possible. He'd heard stories of Omegas nearly dropping dead from instances such as that, and he wouldn't risk his health. He knew what was best for him and his pup.

He gulped, blinking back the tears in his emerald eyes as he turned over onto his side, glancing over at his nightstand and staring in awe at the necklace placed delicately in the open jewelry box, hand reaching out to grab onto the freezing cold metal, clutching it close to his chest and smiling sadly. "God, Kacchan... You ruined my life, but I can't help but love you every time you cross my mind..." A single tear ran down his freckled cheek, quickly wiping it away and letting his eyes flutter shut. He could let him go. He had to. For his pup. If he couldn't do it for himself, then he'd do it for the one person that he gave up everything for. His baby. He couldn't wait for his little bundle of joy to be born, he would shower them with all the love he could possibly give. And, maybe, he'd let them see Katsuki one day. The man deserved to know he would have a child out in the world, but Izuku knew he needed time. It's been only two months since he had left UA, but it felt like it had been years.

He dearly missed his friends, his studies, but what could he do? He couldn't possibly hide his pregnancy from the Alpha if he had stayed. He shook his head with a groan, letting his mind settle so that he could finally try to get some sleep. He let himself smile as he curled into a ball like shape, his head laying limp against his pillows. He finally had a place to call home.

______________________________

Here's some angst for your souls 😌 Stay healthy and beautiful my little pups!! Byeeeeeeeeee!!! 🖤🖤🖤

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!

1190 words