28. History Class

Začít od začátku

Zara raised her head and stared at Asher who was biting his lips with a rigid expression. "But who will protect you until then?"

"I will!" Dashiell offered while holding back his laughter. He hugged his arms as a way to restrain himself and bit the inside of his cheek.

In a way, Dashiell was enjoying these small 'quirks' of Asher's. He had caught glimpses of Asher before, but he always kept to himself. Dashiell had even forgotten about the boy's existence. Contrary to his expectations of how he thought Asher would be like, Asher was actually much different than what he previously expected. He was actually apologetic about the scene he had caused the night before.

"Why are you saying sorry?" Dashiell had asked back, feeling confused. If anything, it was Dashiell himself who had to apologize to him! Burning his belongings and almost hurting him with his elemental magic... if the principal knew about this matter he would surely be kicked out or suffer heavy consequences!

Asher shrugged and hugged Pithos close to his chest before letting him go to explore his new surroundings. "Well, I had a really long day..."

He went on to tell Dashiell about how his day had gone. Apparently, Asher had a confrontation three guys who disrespected his maid (which Dashiell, Aziel, and Zyair had witnessed) and with a guard and ended up with a sore wrist. He had to calm down his older brother (who Dashiell was sure was a bit cuckoo) and had to sit down and have an uncomfortable talk with the prince of the nation. Asher didn't give out many details about his morning and Dashiell didn't dare ask because of obvious reasons.

"I swear he was just like my mom back on Earth whenever I did anything bad. Like damn, it's not all my fault..."

"What?"

"Nothing. Never mind," Asher sighed and shook his head. "The prince is too meddlesome. This was our first official talk and he already thinks he has the right to butt in all of the aspects of my life just because 'my actions are suspicious'. I mean, they might be to his eyes, but I just wanna live, y'know?"

At this point in time, Dashiell could only stare at Asher in fear and admiration. Who in their right mind would make three upperclassmen become his pet using only fear against them? Who in their right mind would talk trash behind the Prince Silas, who is arguably one of the most talented young men out there?

Having finished his long rant, Asher sighed one last time and thought to himself. Maybe because Dashiell was someone of his own age he was more inclined to speak freely without putting any distance between them. It wasn't so bad having someone to speak freely to. Asher could only hope that Dashiell and his two friends felt the same way.

Dashiell managed to convince Zara that he could become the perfect protector. He mentioned that he had special permission to carry a sword since his family worked directly under General Alejandro and that he was required for him to carry his sword to practice whenever possible. He also stated that Aziel and Zyair would also join in to protect Asher. She was going to refuse his request but relented. Even if this guy appeared rather simple-minded, he could at least keep her young master safe, right?

Zara pocketed the twin daggers while watching Asher walk away with a proud smile blooming on her face. Connor crossed his arms. "Who are you?"

"I'm a maid."

He rolled his eyes and eyed her in suspicion. Carrying around twin daggers as if it were nothing while also hiding her own weapons on her body, how could Connor not feel suspicious about her?

After Asher and Dashiell had left, they went directly to the cafeteria. There were a few students who glanced towards them and whispered about Asher as they took their food and sat down on an empty table. Not long after, Aziel and Zyair had also sat down with them.