Chapter 22

Chapter 22

.

.

.

.

.

The Next Morning~

Slowly opening my eyes, I sat up and stretched before looking over to where Jackson was last night. He wasn't there. Sighing, I threw my legs over the side of the bed before noticing the trail of red rose petals that led to our open bedroom door. Slowly stepping out of bed, I quietly followed the trail as it led down the spiral stairs before stopping at the kitchen entrance.

"Goodmorning, beautiful," Jackson whispered while wrapping his arms around my waist before kissing me softly.

"Good morning...what's all of this for? I mean, I love it but what's the special occasion?" I asked as he chuckled and led me into the kitchen before taking my hand and leading me over to our small table. Upon it were lots and lots of breakfast foods. Belgian waffles, chocolate chip pancakes, blueberry muffins, croissants, you name it.

"Well since today is my last day seeing you for two weeks, I thought, why don't I spoil you." He smiled while pulling the chair out for me to sit down as I smiled and thanked him.

"But sweetie, you didn't have to cook all of this food," I whispered while stuffing my mouth with chocolate chipped pancakes.

"I didn't know what you liked so I cooked it all." He chuckled as I dug into some of the cheesy grits.

"Oh gosh! This is so good." I moaned while pouring some syrup on my blueberry pancakes. I was jumping from food to food.

"I'll go run a bath for you so you can take a dip and relax." He smiled while kissing my forehead before walking out of the kitchen as I continued to eat. The Twins must've been hungry too since I ate my way through the food that contained chocolate. After a few more bites, I had to stop myself from eating more. "You ready for the bath?" Jackson asked while walking back into the kitchen as I nodded before grasping his hand.

"Gosh, I love you," I whispered as he leaned over and kissed me before opening the door to the bathroom which to my surprise was gorgeous! After all, I never knew that this bathroom existed. As we walked in, the soft scent of apple cinnamon drifted through the air followed by a honey scent. The large tub was full of bubbles like in the movies with candles lit and the bathroom window open, letting the cool breeze wash in.

"Do you like it?" Jackson asked as I turned to him before hugging him.

"This is the best!" I squealed while pulling back before kissing him softly as he just smiled. Quickly taking off my pajamas, I slowly eased into the tub which was full of warm water, not too cold and slightly hot but just right.

"Massage?" He asked as I quickly nodded before lifting up my swollen feet as he went over and started rubbing them. He usually does it for me, but this time, it feels so good!

[~~~]

"Are you sure you want to come?" Jackson asked for the tenth time now as I raised my eyebrow at him. For the past few minutes, we've been sitting in the parking lot of a great business incorporation that was holding a party for Jackson. Jackson, being the busy one, forgot all about it and panicked when they had called to remind him a few hours before. So here we are, Jackson nervously tapping on the steering wheel while I was sitting in the passenger's seat, all dolled up with a beautiful crimson red dress on.

"Honey, we'll be okay. I promise." I whispered while leaning over only to be met halfway with a kiss as he grabbed my face gently.

"Where would I be without you?" He whispered while getting out of the car before hurrying over to my side to help me out as I thanked him. As we walked towards the large double doors of the building, we laced our fingers together so we wouldn't get lost or be split up in the mass of famous people. "Okay, we go in, I chat a little, then we leave and go off to the restaurant that I wanted to take you this afternoon before they called." He sighed as I gently caressed his cheek.

"We got this." I smiled as he stared at me for a second before returning the smile and nodding.

"We got this, together." He whispered while kissing my hand before pushing open the doors as the soft classical music finally reached our ears. These people were dressed like rich people, they are rich, but you know what I mean.

"Oh, Jackson!!" A female shrieked before she ran and hugged him. "I knew you would've left that fat cow!" She laughed as I finally noticed who she was.

"Oh, it's good to see you again, Olivia." I smiled as she quickly turned and looked at me with surprise written on her face. "I'd be happy if you'd release your grip on my boyfriend before I rip your hair out of your scalp," I growled as she quickly backed away before turning her nose up at me.

"Whatever, you little sh-"

"Are you actually calling my cousin a little shit when she's in a higher place than you?" A tall tan man asked while bending down to her level as she looked at him for a quick second.

"Higher place than me? Preposterous!" Olivia shouted while walking away as I just continued staring at the tan man who just claimed he was my cousin.

"Don't tell me you forgot?" He groaned as I continued to stare at him.

"Michael?" I asked as it finally clicked in my head. "Itis good to finally see you again!" I smiled while hugging him before introducing him to Jackson who smiled and welcomed him. After we had chatted with a few more people, Jackson took one glance at his watch before hurrying us out of there and back into the car.

"Okay, I don't have long. So I want to take you out to this restaurant before I have to leave to go, board the jet." He quickly explained as I smiled and nodded before he pulled out of the parking lot and rushed down the road. It didn't take us long to arrive as Jackson helped me out of the car before leading me into the large yet fancy looking restaurant. After Jackson had told the woman our names, she led us to our table before taking our orders and leaving.

"Jackson, are you okay?" I asked while finally noticing him wiping his hands on his pants nervously.

"I'm all right." He smiled as a waiter brought us our food before smiling towards Jack before leaving. What was going on? "Ehh...Scarlett..." Jackson whispered as I looked up at him from my plate of spaghetti.

"Yes?" I asked while wiping my mouth with my napkin as he stood from his seat and came and stood next to me before getting down on one knee.

"Scarlett, I find life hard without you. You're like the piece to my missing puzzle, you were the person that changed me and made me who I am today. I-I just can't see my life without you, even if we are going to be away from each other for a few weeks, you'll always be on my mind. Scarlett, will you do me the honor of being my wife until the day I die?" He asked while pulling out a diamond ring with a gold banner with My Angel engraved in it.

"Yes!" I whispered as he slipped the ring onto my finger before kissing me.

10/15/16

Slightly Edited