Chapter 27

Chapter 27

.

.

.

.

.

.

Locking the door, I turned and waddled back to my seat before un-muting the tv and sitting back down. Sighing, I continued to watch whatever came on until I heard the keys jingle in the lock before the front door slowly crept open to reveal Anna along with Jasper.

"Sorry! He insisted on coming and wouldn't get out of my car." She apologized as I just smiled and shook my head.

"It's okay." I shrugged while turning back to the tv as they came in and took a seat next to me. "Cupcakes?" I asked while staring at Anna as her eyes went wide with shock.

"Holy fudge! I forgot them!! I'll be right back! Behave yourselves while I'm gone!" She shouted while running back out the door before closing it behind her. Now, it was just Jasper and me. Sighing, I closed my eyes and rubbed my stomach as the twins started kicking quite hard.

"Are you okay?" Jasper asked as I continued what I was doing while nodding. "Was Serene like that too?" He added as I quickly opened my eyes and turned to him with a glare on my face.

"I won't let you continue insulting me. If that's all you're gonna, do then you might as well leave." I growled while moving away from him as he sighed.

"I'm not insulting you, I promise. I'm just curious about our daughter since I was barely there." He whispered as I continued to eye him suspiciously, even though I was shocked. "Please, can you tell me about our daughter?" He asked almost as if he were begging.

"Fine, but after that, you shut your mouth and sit quietly," I ordered as he nodded silently before watching me. "Well, where would you like me to begin?" I asked softly while looking at him instead of frowning.

"Uhm..." He stumbled while blushing softly. "The first time she kicked." He whispered as if it were a secret.

"Hmm...well, I was at school when she kicked my bladder, causing me to rush to the bathroom. I must say, for a six-month pregnant teenager, I made it to the bathroom just in time." I joked as we both started laughing before he quickly grew quiet.

"Ehh...Scarlett?" He drawled out while quickly looking up at me with regret clear on his face.

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being an ass, I'm sorry for pinning the blame on you, I'm sorry that I was never there. I had a chance with you, and I ruined it. If I were there with you, Serene would probably still be alive today with several new siblings. We could've been married by now, and instead of you carrying my brother's children, you'd be carrying mine. But I ruined it. When you first told me you were pregnant, I freaked out. I couldn't handle being a father so soon. I started drinking and having sex with multiple women because I was afraid. For all those months that you went through alone, I'm sorry. I was devastated when you called and told me that Serene was gone. After that, the drinks stayed, and the women disappeared. I thought that drinking my problems away would help, but it only brought more problems. Some that involved my family, my job, and even you. I blamed you for her loss, but my mom brought me back to reality and told me that it was never your fault. So, I came here today to apologize. I want to settle this peacefully and be the friends that we once were before we started loving each other." He whispered while wiping at his eyes as I smiled.

"It's okay, Jasper. Let it all out." I stated while holding my arms open as he hugged me before breaking down into tears. "I forgive you, and I would like that," I added while patting his back softly as he continued to cry, his body raking up in sobs.

"Whoa. I only left for a few minutes. Is everything okay?" Anna asked while walking in through the door as I looked up at her and smiled.

"Everything's okay," I added while going back to gently soothing Jasper. Anna nodded, understanding our problems before disappearing into the kitchen with the large bag in her hand.

"Thank you," Jasper stated while sitting up and wiping his eyes as I smiled.

"For what?"

"For forgiving me and letting me be back in your life." He smiled as I handed him a tissue before he wiped his nose. "It's been so long since I cried like that. I feel better." He added while looking up at me from the tissue.

"It helps release your pinned up anger. Now, what would you like to watch?" I asked as he smiled at me before turning back to the tv.

"Anything would be okay." He stated as I quickly turned it to the one of the movie channels.

"Are you two okay now?" Anna asked while coming back into the living room with a large silver platter in her hand. We looked at each other before smiling and nodding. "That's great! Now let's finally relax and eat some FOOD!" She cheered while sitting in between us as I got a good look at the large tray. There was so much fruit on it with three donuts and cupcakes. "Let's feast!!!" She added as I grabbed a chocolate cupcake and popped it in my mouth.

[~~~]

A Few Hours Later~

"Cupcake? I'm home." The familiar voice quietly stated while gently shaking me as I opened my eyes to see Jackson leaning over me with a smile on his face.

"Welcome home, honey," I greeted as he bent down and kissed me.

"Are you ready to go to bed?" He questioned as my eyes started closing back on their own.

"But we have to talk..." I whispered sleepily as he picked me up with ease before moving about the place. "Where are we going?" I asked while leaning my head on his chest as he gently kissed my forehead.

"I want to show you something." He stated while climbing the stair with ease.

"Am I heavy?" I asked as he continued climbing the stairs.

"No, you're as light as a feather." He stated as he reached the top step before continuing towards a room. I stayed quiet with my eyes closed as he stopped in front of a door before opening it as a sweet lavender scent came drifting out. He walked in and flipped a switch before sitting me down on something soft. "Open your eyes, my love." He whispered in my ear as I opened my sleepy eyes before noticing the room. It was a large nursery for our twins! The walls were a beautiful shade of lilac with a faded sky blue while the carpet was a dark brown puzzle pattern with some other different colors in the room. In the middle of the room was a little play table with mini blocks on it along with paper and crayons. In the corner sat two different toy boxes. One had pink butterflies on it with other girly drawings while the other toy box were decorated in little boy stickers like dinosaurs and small cartoon cars. I turned towards the two dark wooden cribs that stood next to each other with different colored beddings in it. The mobiles that sat above it were cute and adorable.

"Oh, my..." I whispered while holding my hand over my mouth as he smiled.

"Do you like it?" He asked as I nodded quietly while staring at everything in awe. "We're not finished yet, but I just wanted to go on ahead and show you the nursery. Oh! And I got a name for our son." He stated excitedly as I looked up at him.

"What are we going to name our son?" I asked as he smiled.

"Aiden Joshua Sampson." He smiled while looking proud of himself as I nodded.

"That sounds like a great name. I like it." I smiled while closing my heavy eyes again as he picked me up once again before flipping off the switch and closing the door.

"Let's go to sleep now." He whispered while opening another door and flipping a switch before laying me down on something soft. He gently took off my clothes, leaving me exposed in just my undies and my lace bra. "Goodnight, my love." He whispered while kissing me before tucking me into our comforter.

"I love you," I whispered while snuggling up to the pillow before the lights turned off and the bed dipped down.

"I love you too." He whispered as I turned around while cuddling up to him.

10/15/16 

Slightly Edited