Part - 24

India

"Meet me today at XYZ restaurant at 7:00pm" messaged Akash to Payal.

Payal was very angry on him that she immediately called him.

Payal: Why should I come ? You don't bother about me from last few days. Now you are calling to meet you. Give me a reason to why I should listen to you.

Akash: Payal listen to me.

Payal: Why should I ? You never respond to my calls and messages. Did I do any mistake ? If yes, then tell me. I will try to rectify.

Akash: You have no mistake. I will tell you the reason this evening. You just come.

Payal: Ok.

******************************

London

Youngsters are packing for their trip while the elders are trying to help. Well mostly the two elder ladies are helping the only girl present in the house whereas the boys were left to tend to themselves.

Sumitra: My butterfly, I would like to advise you a thing now but try to follow it.

Khushi: Nani, you know I follow whatever you say. Just tell me what is it Nani.

Sumitra: Try to be little ugly.

This surprised both Preeti and Khushi who looked at each other then at Sumitra confusedly. Seeing their confusion, she explained it clearly.

Sumitra: What I mean is you should look less beautiful.

Khushi (confused): Ha !!

Sumitra: What if someone try to kidnap you on your trip for your beauty. How will I live without you ? She exclaimed dramatically.

Both rolled their eyes at her drama. Sensing that they are taking her words light, she became angry.

Sumitra (angrily): Why are you not taking my words seriously ? Don't forget one idiot send a message to you at home back in India. You just attended a event, that boy what was his name.... Ha Nakul.. he followed you to home. What if some other idiots follow and try to take you away from us.

Listening to her words, they remembered the incident which they forgot after leaving India and didn't even think about that person. Khushi came to Sumitra and hugged her tightly leaving the old lady breathless.

Sumitra: Leave me. Let me breath. Iam not your Annie who can withstand your strength. Show some mercy on this old lady.

Preeti burst out laughing looking at their antics while Khushi left her pouting and stood at a distance.

Preeti (seriously): What Sasuma said with humour should be taken seriously. We have to be careful to our surroundings especially now, as you people are going to India.

Khushi: Chachi don't worry. We are going to South India not Delhi.

Sumitra: Still.

Khushi: Ok my darling, I will take care of myself. Ok. Don't worry about me as you see I have three personal bodyguards and an army along with an over protective friend. Do you think any harm will reach me. Don't think much and stress yourself. You just take care of yourself till I return back ok.

Sumitra: Ok. But be careful.

Khushi: Leave all this. I want to tell you both a secret maintained by Nikki bhai but not now, I want to share it with you.

Preeti and Sumitra: Really, what is it ?

Khushi: Shh.. she put a finger on her lips signalling them to remain silent. Then she went to th open door of the room to close it. After locking the door, she sat with them.

Khushi: Nikki bhai and Lavanya are in relationship. Now they are a couple.

Both shouted excitedly.

Khushi: Keep quite. You will alert others. Bhai don't know taht I am telling you. So don't go on and ask him. He will tell you when he want to.

Sumitra whispered to Khushi " when did it happen ?"

Khushi: Before we left to India. They kept it a secret from all even me

Preeti: Then how did you find out Chutki.

Khushi: Yesterday, he was talking with La over a call. I happened to hear them. After confronting, he revealed it.

Preeti: How can they ?

Sumitra: Are you opposing their relation ?

Preeti: No Sasuma. Why would I ? All I want is their happiness and also I know how Lavanya is . I was thinking why they are maintaining it a secret.

Khushi: May be due to La's father.

Sumitra: I think this is the reason.

Preet: Whatever. Finally my son searched a girl for himself reducing our work.

*******************************

Akash was waiting at the entrance of the restaurant for Payal. As he was busy with work he can't get Payal here personally. After waiting for more than the said time, there is no trace of Payal. Negative thoughts started gathering in his head about what if Payal changed her mind due to his behaviour from last few days.

Putting an end to his thoughts, Payal appeared before him after one hour of the said time. After breathed a sigh of relief. Atleast now, he can convince her. Reaching her, he took her hand in his and both entered the restaurant together.

After settling themselves at their reserved table, they ordered for the dishes. And then silence enveloped them. Akash was thinking of how to explain or make her believe whereas Payal was waiting patiently to hear the reason for his ignorance.

While Akash is trying to gather courage for what was to happen, Payal received a call from her mother. On seeing it's her mother, she attended it immediately.

Payal: Hello Maa.

Madhumathi: .......

Payal: I just reached here. You don't worry about me.

Madhumathi: ........

Payal: No don't stay up for me. Go to sleep I will reach home safely.

After she spoke with her mother, Payal is waiting for him to say something.

Now he don't want to tell Payal the truth about her mother. She can't digest it and may not believe it. So she thought of an alternative.

Akash: Payal I am sorry for answering your calls and messages for past few days. I am busy with some office works. I am not intentionally neglecting you.

Payal: But....

Akash: Listen to me first.

Payal: Ok. Go on.

Akash: Not only now but also after two or three months I will be more busy with the upcoming projects. So will it be ok, if we marry within this two months. I want you with me always. Please think about it.

Payal: What is the harm in marrying later.

Akash: I don't want to neglect you for work anymore. Even if I am busy with work, at the end of the day I will be home.

Payal: Ok but our parents.

Akash: You convince your mother and I will convince my parents.