31|Made of Metal.

PARTIALLY EDITED. Read at your own risk.

0o0

She is made of metal, of titanium or tungsten maybe.

0o0

Eleven days before the wedding, Ummi's mother, my grandma who is referred to as Hajiyah Ammah, the wife of His Royal Highness Sarkin Katagum summoned me to her palace which was located in Azare Local Government Area in Bauchi State.

I laughed her request to have me brought to her home off when I was told of it. Ummi only gave me the privilege to brush it off for not more than what... 5 minutes before telling me to start packing up.

Horrified, I went to Daddy who shrugged and told me that he had no choice or say in the matter, it was the only time the said woman requested for my presence ever since my return from France.

She's the woman from whom I got the 'Amirah' part of my name which means Princess and she acts true to her name, undoubtedly regal. She's not really old because Ummi has only one older sister who she shares a mother with, so the woman is in like her late fifties because Ummi's just 42 and her mother gave birth to both her and her sister Aunty Faizah at a tender age.

Well back to business. I am now in the midst of packing my cosmetics. For me to be spending 6 days in Azare I'll be packing at least 3 boxes. One for my clothes, another for my shoes and strap bags, the last for nighties and cosmetics.

"Keep that stiletto, I'm sure I won't be wearing 6 inched heels in that town" I made the maid who was actually doing the packing while I was doing the instructing keep aside a white pair of heels.

I took several strap-on heels that I'm assured I'll be comfortable in.

For the clothes I picked 4 skinny jeans, 4 skirts and 4 Dresses, then several matching shirts to go with either the jeans or the skirts. It'll only be a cold day in hell before I wear the clothes that Ummi suggested which were Ankara and Laces. I only wear those when I'm going to formal events, weddings especially so for this minor holiday I'm taking comfy clothes.

Speaking of weddings.

I screamed in frustration, in my head, that is.

I've been shunning people away that I haven't really made any provision for ashoebi (anko) for my friends.

Hamdiya will do, I thought.

Without wasting any time I called her and we settled matters. We were leaving the ashoebi picking for a designer who'll be doing both the selecting and the tailoring for my friends. Hamdiya suggested Thiyyah after we cancelled down about 3 designers who offered such services because it was either I didn't like her or she didn't. The only logical solution was to choose someone whom we knew we both liked, that's how we settled on Thiyyah. So I left the reins to Hamdiya, she's someone I can trust with that.

With that being said I sent Juliette and a few other college friends of mine Invitations before it skipped my 'busy' mind.

0o0

The next day at 2pm dot a chopper dropped Amirah in Azare on the Palace's helipad.

Begrudgingly the girl got down in a plain black long sleeved shirt, faded blue skinny jeans and black heels. Her head was wrapped in a beige scarf and in her grasp was the same shaded bag.