Meeting: Vinsmoke

You looked down at Sanji, whose eyes were shimmering with anticipation and hope, and your heart swelled upon the sight.

How could you deny his request now?

Hearing your approval brought the galaxy into his eyes, and he unconsciously clutched onto your coat tighter. Realizing he will not be letting go anytime soon, you gently tugged your coat in the direction of the counter where the elderly woman stood behind. Sanji followed you with a skip in his steps while Law lagged behind with his hand still in your own.

A swipe of the hand and the bags containing your purchased commodities floated behind you.

Before exiting the store, you asked Sanji if he wanted any winter attire. He politely declined your offer.

Sensing that he was being genuine, you reluctantly let the matter go, but not before you summoned a scarf out of thin air and snuggly secured it around his neck. Sanji presented you with a flustered smile.

After that, you grabbed Sanji's occupied hand with your now free one and guided both him and Law outside and onto the empty stone road. The townspeople have already retreated to their abodes, and merchants are closing up their shops or stalls.

It was only you, Law, and Sanji under the night sky now.

Law seemed to be more awake than before, but there was clear exhaustion that traced his every movement. Sanji was the opposite, happily humming a soft tune while leading you in a direction you assumed was his home.

For some reason, the quaint melody lulls you into an almost slumber-like state...

The trance is broken when you feel Law's footsteps stutter as he trips over a gap in the road.

Your attention switches to the sluggish snow leopard hybrid. You could tell Law was on his last string of patience and his mood would only worsen as you take the trip to Sanji's home. You should have checked in with Law before impulsively agreeing to Sanji.

I suppose the time to amend with Law is now.

"Law? You must be extremely tired now, hmm?"

Law simply nods. He was too tired to even speak.

You lightly tighten his small hand, which gained you dreary, golden eyes locked on your own.

"If your legs can no longer carry you, I could instead." You caress his black locks as reassurance that doing so would not hinder you. And you knew Law understood what you meant for the moment your hands were off from his hair, he made his move.

A jump with the elegance of a feline was all you registered before you had a handful of Law. The action caused you to let go of Sanji's hand to catch Law. You quickly adjust Law in your arms, who was excessively purring as he digs deeper in your arms while you continued to trot down the road.

Law must be extremely wary if he's able to be this affectionate out in the open.

As endeared as you were by Law, you felt a rivulet of guilt for letting go of Sanji's hand because the boy seemed elated about the contact. You pass an apologetic glance toward Sanji, only to find the boy staring at you with a lost gaze. But his smile returns to his face as he moves back to your side and clutches your coat instead.

These kids are causing my heart to melt...

Without realizing it, Sanji had led you to the outskirts of town. Your little navigator points to a faded path almost entirely covered in snow.

You were certain that this was the final stage before you see who Sanji's siblings were.

-