Reunited: Ace and Sabo

While you cleaned up Luffy after he entered your home, the little bundle of sunshine retells the events of his journey to your house.

"So first, I made Ace and Sabo-"

Reiju pops up from behind you to stare down at Luffy, who was currently seated on your lap, "who are Ace and Sabo?"

The question seem to make Luffy's eyes shine brighter.

"Ace and Sabo are the best brothers in the world! I made them think I was sleeping, and I even made sure to snore extra loud!" Luffy gleefully tells you, "then, when my brothers went to sleep- oh, I checked if their eyes were closed, so they were definitely sleeping- I just followed your smell and I was walking through the forest and I found some tasty looking deers but they ran away and then I saw an itsy -bitsy human with wings-"

Law thumps his tail against the couch loud enough to catch everyone's attention.

"Stop wasting our time by telling us these trivial details and explain why you even came here in the first place."

You finish patting Luffy's cheeks with a towel before turning around to face Law. The leopard switches his gaze to you in return before he bashfully looks away.

He's probably just concerned about why Luffy tracked me down, but Luffy is practically as harmless as a ladybug.

As Luffy stares in confusion at Law's interruption, you give Law's ear a quick rub before telling Luffy to continue his story. The young boy immediately gets back to his storytelling, mentioning a few mystical occurrences that interested some of the other kids.

"I knew this was your house because the smell got really, really strong and I saw you through the window, and it looked warm and cozy in there so I was gonna ask if you'd let me join you guys. And now I'm here in your arms!" Luffy ends his story while giving you a jittery hug. You placed a hand on his back to show you reciprocated it.

Though you were amused by his travel to your house, a deep concern festers in your heart for Ace and Sabo. Your first encounter with the brothers may not have been pleasing, but you know each of the three harbors a big heart for one another. You can guess that losing the youngest sibling in harsh weather will surely cause panic between Luffy's brothers.

It seems you weren't the only one to come to this realization.

Sanji gasps in shock, "You left your brothers alone? In the cold? Without any warning? You'll make them so worried!"

"I mean, I don't care at all but wow, are you crazy or an idiot?" Ichiji asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"Or both?" Niji snickers.

You abruptly stand up from your seat while Luffy was still snuggled in your arms; the boy merely lets out a giggle and even tells you to raise him higher.

You give a worried smile to the pocket of sunshine in your arms, "I am more than willing to play with you Luffy, but we have to find your brothers first. They must be horribly worried by your absence."

"But I was gonna bring them here after I found you by myself first! I just wanted to prove to them that I'm a strong enough on my own."

Law scoffs. "And you decide to showcase that by running away and barging into our house like a rat? You're definitely proving something."

"And it's not about you being strong!" Yonji laughs.

Luffy frowns at the remarks and before he can escape your grasp to scuffle with his offenders, you coax him to relax by reminding him of his brothers. While he ponders about Ace and Sabo, you tell the other kids to stay in the house and that Reiji was in charge.