Chapter Four

My belly grumbles, reminding me that I haven't had anything since yesterday's lunch. I put my phone into my pocket and head downstairs to fix up some breakfast. The house is as silent as ever which probably means my parents already left for work but that doesn't explain the mess in the kitchen. Egg shells, flour,some cut oranges scattered all over the counter, dirty dishes in the sink. Bowls of pancake batter, left unattended. It was a mess, but who's mess?

I clear the counter, disposing of the egg shells and wiping off all the flour from it's surface as the dirty dishes were already in the dish washer. When I'm all done, I make myself some pancakes, squeeze myself some orange juice and start eating straight away.

'' Alya, your up!'' exclaims Jenkins as he walks into the kitchen. '' Sorry for the mess I felt, I was trying to prepare you some breakfast but your parents needed me to drop them off at the airport, they won't be back till Monday. '' he explains with a slight smile.

'' I'm glad they needed you, otherwise you'd have burnt down the house with your lousy cooking.'' I say returning the smile.

He sits down next to me and I slide over the plate of pancakes and pour him some juice.

'' So how you feeling?'' he asks with his mouth full. Why does he like doing that.

'' I've been better, '' I reply quickly taking a sip of my juice.

'' Ohh....I'm gonna kill that motherfucker on Monday.'' he mutters to himself.  '' Your parents, are you gonna tell them? '' he asks before stuffing his mouth.

'' Tell them what, that I was almost raped by a drunk teenager at an illegal party they have no idea I attended, yeah,no thanks.'' I take my plate and glass to the sink. '' Plus it's not like they'd care.'' I mumble, a wave of sadness making it's way into me.

'' Your dad would, he'd even have Zeke arrested.'' he insists. I didn't want to talk about it, couldn't he see that. '' You up for Originals tonight?'' he asks finally noticing my change in mood.

I nod placing his plate and glass in the sink. We spend practically the entire weekend on my couch watching the Originals for the hundredth time, only leaving to get what to eat or use the bathroom. We finally finished it late on Sunday night and as expected, Klaus's death hit me hard. Jenkins was already asleep on the couch and I didn't want to wake him . I got an extra blanket from the guest room draped it over him and went up to bed.

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day.

***

Buzz!

Buzz!

Buzz!

My alarm goes off reminding me I  have to attend something called school, I stretch out my arm to snooze the alarm but my brain quickly advises against it. I sit up and push off my blanket while I have a mental debate about whether I should really attend school when I could just stay home and snuggle in my warm blanket.

'' You know you have to go. '' i remind myself. '' Just get up and let's get this over with. '' i yawn getting off the bed.

I walk into the bathroom and then it hits me. Jenkins. I better go wake or we're gonna be late.

He's sprawled all over the couch the blanket barely covering him.

'' Wake up!'' I hit him with a pillow. He doesn't flinch. '' Wake up! '' I hit him again and pull away the blanket.

He slightly opens his eyes to glare at me before grabbing the blanket and going back to sleep.

Hey, I want to sleep too, it's not like I want to go to school.

'' Wake up! '' i say again hitting him repeatedly with the pillow.  It's never easy waking him. I continue hitting him till finally he sits up with annoyance.

'' What? '' he growls

'' School.'' I hit him once more just to make sure all the sleep is gone.

We manage to get to school right on time. As we walk through the crowded parking lot, we both notice that we're receiving a lot more attention than usual. We shrug it off and get into the building but it's worse in there. People talking to there friends stop and stare, those walking past us keep turning to peek at us as murmurs fill the hallway.

We keep walking trying our best to ignore the stares that were burning through our skin till suddenly Jenkins walks in front of me blocking my vision of whats ahead.

'' Alya, '' I hear someone call out. I try to move past Jenkins but he doesn't let me. '' I need to talk to her. '' says the person. Is that Zeke? My question is answered when I notice Jenkins hands ball up into fists.

'' Like hell you do. '' spits Jenkins as he takes a step forward and I move to his side before he can block me again. Zeke's eyes quickly get a glimpse of me as he moves closer.

My heart bangs hard against my chest and fear immediately takes over my body.

'' What do you think your doing? '' growls Jenkins, moving in front of me again. This time, I didn't mind it. The fear begins to vanish but I can still see Zeke.

'' This has nothing to do with you, I want her. '' he replies then looks at me.

The fear builds up again.

'' Don't fucking look at her!'' shouts Jenkins as he smashes Zeke against the lockers his hands clenched tightly on his shirt. A crowd has already formed around us.

'' This is none of your business.'' snarls Zeke as he pushes Jenkins back.

'' Is that so, you fuckin' rapist.'' Jenkins pushes him by the chest. The crowd begins to build as does the excitement in there eyes. 

Zeke swallows hard before punching Jenkins hard on the face but before he can return it, someone's in between them pushing them both back.

'' Boys, let's not make a scene. '' says Aidan, Zeke's friend and also Jenkins cousin. '' What are the rest of you looking at? '' he says to the crowd and it slowly starts to disperse, angered that there show had been interrupted.

Jenkins and Zeke both calm down but continue to glare at each other. I stand closer to Jenkins as Aidan turns his attention from Zeke to me.

'' I apologize for his behavior.'' says Aidan, pulling onto Zeke before walking away. A wave of relief and anger washing over me.

His behavior today or a few nights ago!

Aidan