Chapter Nine

Nate and I spend the rest of the night talking and drinking. He's actually really funny guy and aside from his firm gaze and continuous eye contact we had a really great time and asking where he got my number slips my mind.

''Hmm...I should really get back to my friend.'' I say after a while.

'' Oh sure, of course.'' he says '' Will you be able to find him?'' he asks

'' Hmm...yah...I mean that's if he didn't go off with some girl.'' I reply honestly.

'' Lex!'' he calls out. The bouncer guy at the door walks our way.

'' Yes, sir?'' he says rather politely.

'' I need you to help her locate her friend, if you fail bring her back...I'll be taking her home.'' he instructs.

'' Oh...no, don't worry about that, I'm sure if he were to leave he wouldn't go with the car.'' I say

'' Just in case he has.'' He gives me a friendly smile with a slight head nod.

After showing my appreciation, Lex and I head off to hunt down Jenkins whom I really hoped didn't abandon me. I trust Nate but that doesn't mean I want him taking me home. Guy who saved me or not, guys are all the same plus I've just officially met him. I won't be taking any chances.

I try calling him but he doesn't pick up. Lex leads me through people crashing themselves all over the dance floor, pulling them apart for me to check if any of them is Jenkins.

I call a few more times and send even more texts hoping he'll reply but nothing. Lex, just like me after over fifteen minutes of searching for him realise it's pointless and he leads me back to Nate.

Fuck you Jenkins.

Nate is an okay guy but you can't blame a girl for being a little paranoid...men be crazy!

We walk into the familiar room and as expected Nate's in the same spot but he's talking to someone. It's only till I properly look up that I notice it's Jenkins.

Without a second thought I go running and jump onto his laps, wrapping my arms around his neck taking both of them and myself by surprise.

'' I've always known you can't live without me.'' he smirks wrapping his arm around my waist.

'' I thought you'd left me.'' I practically cried out as a  wave of relief finally washed over me.

'' C'mon you know I'd never leave you.'' he kissed my forehead.

'' Why weren't you answering my calls or texts.'' I hit him on the chest.

'' Left it in my pants in your room.'' he replies, rubbing the part of his chest I hit.

I also happen to notice how Nate's eyes quickly avert to me after Jenkins statement.

'' I didn't think that that the thought of me taking you home was so repulsive to you.'' says Nate with a hurt face.

'' Oh no...it's not that...'' I try to explain but even I know I can't get out of this hole.

'' Oh don't worry I understand.'' he says '' You shouldn't always trust strangers.'' he says with a weak smile and I can still see he's kinda hurt.

But what's the big deal Bro, safety first.

'' Hmm...so you ready to leave.'' asks Jenkins sensing the tension between Nate and I.

'' Yah.'' I get off of him so he can get up. '' Thanks for everything Nate.'' I just felt the need to add that.

He gives me a genuine smile and it kinda warms me up on the inside.

'' Nice place bro.'' comments Jenkins as we head out. I turn to seek a peak at Nate and I find his eyes glued on me. I quickly turn away holding tightly onto Jenkins.

He looks down at me with concern, I give him a quick reassuring smile and we get on with our journey.

We successfully make it through the drunk group of people scattered all over the place and make it to the car when suddenly, Jenkins comes to a stop and looks around a little more confused than usual.

'' What's w-wrong?'' I stutter looking behind me for whatever has grabbed his attention.

''  We can't just go home like this, it's been a great night but we need something a little more.'' he says finally meeting my eyes.

'' Something like?'' I ask

'' Ice-cream!'' we scream in unison.

'' Let's go.'' he shouts banging the car and frightening me in the process. Sometimes I forget how crazy this guy really is.

We hope into the car and drive around for what seems like hours trying to find an open ice-cream palour at this hour. Much to our...well mostly Jenkins...dismay, none is open so we head home like a couple of sad puppies.

My parents are already home by the time we get there so we have to be super quiet as we go to my room though it's not like they'd really care if they were to get there daughter sneaking into the house at two in the morning.

Give it up for the world's top parents everybody.

We make it in and Jenkins plops onto the bed and bounces a little with his impact. I clean up myself in the bathroom, rinsing my face a couple of times before heading back to join Jenkins who still hasn't moved.

'' At least change into something more comfortable.'' I tap him.  '' Seriously, wake up.'' I shake him vigorously this time.

'' Arghh!'' he groans into the pillow then gets up super fast throws off his shirt just as fast, kicks off the pants, pushes me out of the way and dives into bed.

'' Yah, I asked for that.'' I grunt, getting up from the floor and rubbing my sore ass.

I head over to my side of the bed after picking my phone from the side table. I'm not as tired as I thought I was so dive into some of my texts.

There are a few from Zeke.

*Can we please talk.

*I want to explain everything, please.

*I really am sorry.

*Answer me!

And one from Aidan.

     *You promised to hear him out!

I reply.

*I did and I will at my own time.

I promised to hear him  out and I will but it doesn't help when you're being pressured into doing it. I no longer feel comfortable around him and that's not something I can just shrug off, just like everything, it takes time.

And if he really is fucking sorry, the least he can do is give me some fucking time!

Feeling a little out of the moods by the texts, I choose to just keep away the phone and try to find sleep some other way. I'm really gonna need it, something tells me tomorrow is gonna be quite the eventful day.

💞👇