- Her interference -

Start from the beginning

I couldn't even stay at Felix's house one night but Theo can hide the reality that his ex lives in the same house as him? That she sleeps on the same floor as him?

I was seething. Foot on the accelerator, I continued driving with bitter rage resting on my face.

That rotten twat, bitch! Amber is evil.

The more I thought about it, the angrier I grew. With reminders of the past, It irked me even more. He demands me to answer his phone calls, texts even when I'm "sleeping", basically him demanding me to wake up for him, but he can't bother texting me back from yesterday?

As if he's what, more important?

He had an issue when I was with John and Nelson that one time, yet he thinks it's fair to have me sit through obvious tension with him and Amber as if I have to play blind to it.

I understand his past is awful, what happened with his dad is awful, that it's not something he would want to share with someone, I completely get that... he's probably embarrassed and angry, but if the roles were reversed, he would not tolerate not knowing for this long.

He'd be demanding me to kick the ex out. Maybe even threatening to remove him from the pack.

Like... good moon! Maybe I'm just sick of Theo always having to know my business but wants to keep his business private!

Maybe I'm just ANGRY!

-

-

"PRICK!" I seethed, glaring at the television screen. "That fucking asshole!"

"Um.. Cora-"

"It's fine, ignore her," Felix said to Nelson, stealing the controller from my hand as I sunk into the leather couch, arms crossed across my chest. "She's a terrible loser. A bad winner too, actually."

"Sorry Nelson," I mumbled like a sore loser, glancing away from the online shooting game we were playing in John's lounge room. "Shut up Felix."

"Aye aye, captain."

Frowning, I stared over at the window. "Your neighbours are having a good time." A real good time by the loud music.

"Sounds like it," John agreed, a packet of chips in his lap. He glanced at the window too. "They're always having parties."

"Wait, doesn't Anton still live there?" I tilted my head. I remember playing sports with Anton in his front yard sometimes, back when I was around eight or nine years of age.

"Yeah. I think he lost a game, so he had to host the party. Something like that anyway."

"That's cool, you don't go to it?" I wondered out look, my eyes landing on John. His plain brown hair was wavy, longer strands sitting on top of his head.

"Eh, he's invited me around before." Standard Anton. Always a people person. Very welcoming. Very hot. I had to hide a smile as I thought back to that time I bumped into them all in the boys locker room. Theo included.

Who, eventually did text me back with a simple, "Okay." No when, where, or enquiry about today, just a rushed confirmation. Maybe I'm being picky, taking my anger out on him when it's really aimed at Amber but this boiled up rage was a good distraction from my parents.

"But you didn't wanna go?" I finished.

"Well actually yeah I do," He awkwardly chuckled. "I'm just... bad at... social things."

"Who needs to socialise, I'm perfectly fine and sane without groups of people in my space," Felix butted in.

"Parties are fun. Most people are drunk enough anyways that no one really cares what you do. You should go to one, live life a little John. Unless you're like this anti social ass over here," I nudged Felix with my knee, hitting the side of his leg. He only whined out a hey in reply.