- wedding talk -

-

I knew what I had to do even if the choice made me nervous. Not in a scared yet excited type of nervous either but an anxious, ready–to –shit –my –pants type of feeling.

Well, minus the urge to go to the toilet but you catch my drift.

Sitting on the edge of my bed, Theo leaving earlier as I gave an answer, I sighed to myself.

It was the best thing to say yes.

How could I say no? That would look so bad on my part. Important matters had to be discussed, both about his son and me being mates and what happened last night.

So nodding my head earlier, agreeing, Theo told me he'll pick me up at 6pm, him heading home so he could get ready as well. My brother didn't have much to say on the matter. When Theo left, Rick and I really just spoke about what happened with our parents and our shock towards the overall thing.

Shock, disappointment and anger.

Then, we watched a movie to get our mind off things. It did help, though I'll have to have that dessert with Caroline another night, sadly.

Goddamn, this is the actual Alpha we're talking about! Not his egotistical son. The pack leader! To be sitting across from the man who raised Theo? Talk about terrifying.
What if he doesn't like me? It's the alpha, he could literally just kick me out of the pack... or worse.

Though, his dad has never had an issue with me, at least from the small few interactions we've had in the past so maybe I am just overthinking this...

Still, it has me nervous!

Staring at the time, I felt panic kick in.  There was only thirty minutes left because dumb dumb over here, aka me, had spent the remainder of my afternoon face-timing Felix and freaking out, only to then spend the other portion of my time performing a concert in my shower.

I sounded pretty good actually... If you liked the sound of alley-way cats fighting.

Though, I will say, talking to Felix helped make everything feel normal. He himself couldn't believe what my parents did... but luckily I managed to switch topics which was a great distraction.

In fact, it's boosted my mood completely! Feeling better than I did, I also had another thing to look forward to since, I was on my way to see Theo's bedroom!

I wonder if there's any baby photos I can find...

Jumping up from my uncovered bed, blanket bundled up in a mess, I rushed to my wardrobe, looking at all my clothes with a vacant look. How is it possible to have this many clothing pieces but still be unable to find something to wear?

It doesn't make sense.

Meeting the parents... What do you even wear to that? This was a first time dilemma for me and it was another great thing for my mind to focus on instead of other... unfortunate events.

Think, Cora, think!

Playing it safe, I grabbed a plain black dress and threw a blue denim jacket on so I wasn't over dressing and feeling even more out of place than what I'll already be feeling. White sneakers would be okay... surely.

It was a miracle I still had time to at least not look like I just woke up in a morgue, able to add colour to my cheeks and some concealer, it was the best I could do.

Staring at my reflection, there was a knock on the door that went in tune to my heart beat.

Okay, Theo's here, thirty minutes passing in the blink of an eye, I was at least ready and somewhat presentable. Suitable enough for a dinner.