- Stolen dance -

Chapter fifteen

-
  Heartbeat rapidly hammering against my chest, I slowly backed into the crowd, not so concerned by Daniel's confused expression as he watched me walk backwards.

I'd rather look weird than look at Theo. Whose unwavering stare stayed hovering over my fleeing figure.

My back bumping into a random stocky dude, I spun around and squeezed past the squishy group of dancing teens.

I know, I know, I have no reason to even be running away right now, I'm entitled to party and have fun! To be at a party, dancing with whoever I want like a top bitch, but I was reacting with my emotions, not with my brain... I do have a brain, right? I'm just asking because it almost feels like... I NEVER USE IT!

I came to a stop, staring with wide eyes at the absent spot on the couch.

Felix has gone walkabouts.

Where is he!? I was gone for probably... fifteen minutes, twenty max. Not that he can't go anywhere, it's just that Felix didn't strike me as the type to get up and dance. I scanned the two couches, skipping past the couple making out, and sighing.

I turned back and walked around like a lost child in a grocery store.

He's probably in the toilet... Wait a minute!

Both physically and mentally stopping in a moment of realisation, in the middle of the dance floor and unaware to my surroundings, I internally facepalmed.

I gave Felix my car keys since he offered to drive. Meaning, he's probably sitting in the car as we speak, and mentioning of speaking, why haven't I considered calling his phone? Gosh.

Arms dropped and hanging by my side, I smiled at my silliness and lifted my head. That smile faltered as I noticed the wall Theo was leaning on, was empty.

My eyebrows furrowed.

Suddenly, Two firm hands wrapped around the crease of my elbow, pulling me back against a solid body.

Teenage fever by Drake started to play.

A breath hit my ear.

And a deep voice murmured, "So, this answers my question."

I stayed still, feeling my body heat up... I was being burnt! I wanted to dramatically flail my arms and scream bloody murder, but that was something vampires and humans do.

"What question?" My voice was quiet.

"Yesterday, the party comment, this was the one you were talking about." He lifted his head from the crook of my neck, slowly wrapping an arm around my waist and holding me against him.

Holy shit.

I would've smiled at the fact that the world was working in my favour, who would've thought such a coincidence would happen!? but it was hard to smile when I was nervously standing flash against him.

"So what?" I gulped.

Our bodies slowly started to sway to the song, my stomach infested with nerves. "So..." He darkly chuckled, repeating my words and most likely, shaking his head. "You know, Cora, your attitude is irritating."

"Your presence is irrit-"

My eyes widened and my shoulders straightened as he abruptly bit my earlobe.

"I dare you to fucking finish that sentence," He said against my ear, his head lowered as my back pressed against his chest.

I think... my mouth was nearly watering like I had just smelt steak. I'm sorry! It's the still existent link between us! Plus, he's hot... when he doesn't open his mouth and speak!