questions ( Phineas)

I think I payed more attention to Isabella than I did to the movies. She was totally into them, just like when we were kids. Every so often she brushed a fallen lock of hair out of her eyes. She caught me looking and gave me a smile. A real genuine Isabella smile. It melted my heart and I couldn't help but smile back. When the final movie ended. Isabella threw back her head and laughed.

" I haven't seen those movies in years"  she exclaimed. I put my hand over my chest and pretended to pass out

" Who are you?" I said in a mock horrified voice. She giggled. My heart sped up. But when I popped back up and looked at her, her eyes darkened and her smile faded. She turned away and the silence turned akward.

" So, want to watch another one?" I asked. She nodded. I grabbed a random disk. It was the Lego movie. When I turned around Isabella was looking out the window, a fearful look on her face. I walked over to the window and shut the curtains. Then I turned the volume up. She gave me a grateful look. I sat down and turned my attention to the TV. About halfway through I glanced over to see Isabella sound asleep. I grinned and reached over pulling the blanket she was using over her shoulders. She groaned and shifted in her sleep. She looked so at peace when she slept. I tried and failed to resist the urge to push the hair out of her face. As my fingers brushed her skin she sighed and rolled over. I smiled softly.

" Yep it's official." I murmured quietly

"I am still in love with you  Isabella"
           🧡💗🧡💗🧡💗🧡💗🧡💗

Isabella woke up a few hours later. I was in the kitchen, making macaroni for dinner. She looked around wildly untill her gaze fell on me. Her shoulders visibly relaxed.

" How long was i out?" She asked around a yawn. I smirked

" About 3 hours." She looked at me sheepishly

" Sorry." She mumbled. I laughed

" Don't be, how are ya feeling?"

" Much better thanks for letting me sleep." I just grinned in response. She stretched and looked around in a curious way.

" Umm phineas? Could I use your washer? My clothes are still in the bathroom and are quite dirty." She looked apologetic.  I smacked my hand to my forehead.

" Gah! I should've thought of that, sorry" she shook her head and laughed, before following me to my washing machine. After we got all that sorted out we sat down to my wonderfully made Mac 'n' cheese

" So do you wanna play the question game?" I asked casually. She looked at me with amusement evident on her face

" Well, someone's feeling reminiscent" I blushed and looked away.

" Well... I haven't seen you in forever and it's a good way to get to know each other again, while passing time." She grinned.

" Same rules?" She asked. I nodded

" Of course." I should probably mention that The question game is a game we played when we were teenagers. We took turns asking the other person questions. You had to answer truthfully. And nothing was off the table. Isabella looked slightly uncomfortable but she tried to cover it.

" You first." She said quietly. I thought for a second.

" Is your favorite color still pink?" She looked at me like I was crazy.

" Uh heck yeah! There is no other color worthy!" I laughed, putting my hands up in surrender.

" Alright alright, you're up." She looked at me for a moment

" What is your favorite food?"

" Tacos." She laughed

" Still?" She said laughing.

" Hey it's my turn!" I said indignantly she smirked at me.

" Go ahead."

" What do you study in college?" Her eyes lit up again

" I'm studying to become a vet! Right now I'm studying Animal biology! Last semester I took Zoology and before that I studied Animal science! I am doing so well I might graduate early. I love every second of it" I smiled watching her talk, her eyes were bright, her arms were animated and her smile was real. She suddenly stopped and looked at me slightly sheepishly

" Oh.. sorry I kinda went into nerd mode on you."

" No no. It cool how obviously passionate you are about what you do." She grinned.

" Alright. My turn!" She said enthusiastically. We ended up playing the game for hours. By 9pm we were both laughing. As the night wore on our questions got slightly more personal. But naturally it was me who killed the mood with this question.

" Why did you ignore me for all these years?" Her face fell and she turned away.

" I-i was trying to forget."

" Forget what?" I pressed hoping  maybe she would talk. But she just shook her head firmly

" I don't want to talk about it." She said still not looking at me. I groaned quietly in frustration. But dropped the matter when I heard the fragile time of voice she had taken on. When I glanced up at her once more she yawned.

" Well looks like someones tired." I teased. She nodded uncomfortably.

" What's wrong?" I asked suddenly concerned she looked nervously at me for a moment.

" I know this is a lot to ask.... But the storm is getting worse, usually having someone nearby helps with my anxiety. Would you...." She hesitated.

" Stay with you? Of course." I piped in earning a small smile.

" I'll sleep on the floor. I just don't want to be alone tonight sorry." She said twisting her hair around her fingers nervously.

" Isabella it's really not a problem for me if it helps you to feel better. I know how bad those nightmares can get. So don't apologise. And no you are not sleeping on the floor." I said grinning at the end. I turned and flopped gracefully onto the floor. I twisted around to look at Isabella. She was looking at me with confusion, but what surprised me was the small trace of wonder I could see in her eyes.

" What are you looking at?" I asked smoothly. She blushed slightly and looked away lost in thought.

" Nothing." I shrugged and rolled into my back. Isabella settled on the couch. She hummed softly as she got situated and I found myself falling asleep to the gentle sound of her voice. Best lullaby ever... Why? Because I means Isabella is here, with me.