"Did you bring cookies, Trinity?"

"I did. Would you like one?"

"Oh, hell no."

Gio held the door open for Trinity and his sister with a frown. Trinity followed Bella in and tried to keep her jaw from falling to the floor. This place was gorgeous. The foyer was all stone from floor to ceiling, a winding staircase boasting a wrought iron railing was nestled into a corner, and a long hallway disappeared into who knew where.

She soon discovered the hallway led to a kitchen with beautiful stone countertops and expensive appliances. The house had a very rustic feel to it. While it was beyond large, it was extremely cozy. Trinity immediately felt at ease. 

"Your home is beautiful, guys."

"Thanks. Bella, you can't have a cookie unless I can have one and Trinity already told me no," Gio pouted.

"Kids, pizza will be here in thirty minutes. Gio stop pouting."

Trinity set the cookies down onto the center island, and wished to shrink and die. This must be Gio's mother. Dante's sister. A very pretty, older woman with chestnut-brown hair and expressive brown eyes smiled kindly at her.

"You must be Trinity. You can call me Anna. It's very nice to meet you," she extended her hand.

"Likewise," Trinity whispered with a gulp, her sense of ease evaporating. Why did she feel so nervous?

"Ah. I see what the fuss is about. You brought cookies. Did you make them?"

Trinity nodded her head with a shy smile. If she spoke, she might start stuttering. That was the last thing she wanted to do. Hopefully, this woman didn't think she was rude.

"I might have to try them."

"What?! Mom, that's not fair. Trin made those for us!" Gio yelled trying to take the container.

"My house, my laws," Anna waved a cookie under Gio's nose before sinking her teeth into the confection.

That's when her expression melted. Oh no. Were they bad? Shit! Trinity hadn't tried them. She was so confident they would taste good--they always did--she didn't bother trying them.

"I-I-I'm...," Trinity squeezed her eyes trying to get her words out, "sorry. You don't have to eat it."

Anna's eyes popped open in surprise. "What? Trinity, you misunderstand me. These are to die for."

"Mom!" Gio stomped his foot. "I want one right...now!"

Trinity jumped startled by Gio's outburst. Then, without her realizing it, she busted out laughing. Gio looked so funny standing there in his sweatpants and t-shirt, belly jiggling from all his stomping. There was no way this was the same man she worked with. But, of course, he was. Only Gio could get away with skipping a line full of hungry employees. This boy was serious about food!

Mirabella joined her, laughing even harder when Anna handed her a cookie and not Gio. Gio waved a dismissive hand at his mother and sister hearing the doorbell ring.

Anna rolled her eyes. "Make yourself at home, Trinity. I hope you don't find my son too weird. He never grew up, I guess."

"He's not weird, mom. He's fun!" Bella said protecting her brother.

"If he's not weird, why doesn't he have a girlfriend yet?" Anna countered.

Bella shrugged, "I don't know, mom. He's weird."

Trinity laughed. This family was so nice. She wondered then how Gio's father was. That would be Dante's brother-in-law. She never saw him at the office. Did he work for Venturi Transportation?