20

"Why the hell didn't we hear he was released?" Guzmán sighed "For the same reason we never heard he was locked up

"Why the hell didn't we hear he was released?" Guzmán sighed "For the same reason we never heard he was locked up. One of his moms is very powerful. She owns newspapers and magazines. But that won't get him out of jail."

Carla then threw her books on the table and sat down. Lu frowned at her "Do you have anything to say? Or will you just keep quiet as usual?" Guzmán shrugged and looked at Ander "At least she finally talked. Some people knew and never said a damn word."

Lu's eyes widened "Ander? Holy shit! You knew too? So, everybody knew but me?" Guzmán rolled his eyes "Lu, stay out of it. This has nothing to do with you." Lu scowled at Guzmán "Correction. I have nothing to do with you. I just would've liked to have known that the boy sitting next to me was a fucking killer.
Creepy." Mila kept her head down "Me too. He killed my best friend, and I want justice." Antonio brought Mila into a hug.

Cayetana turned around and faced the group
"Polo didn't do anything." Lu laughed "And we're supposed to believe you of all people, right, Liar Barbie? Should we remind the class
who you are?" Cayetana raised her hands in defence "No, that won't be necessary. Thanks.
Um, look, all they have against him is a statement from a jealous ex."

Carla smirked "You really don't get it, do you?" Rebeca then spoke up "In other words, the whole show you put on was totally pointless, wasn't it? What a bummer, man."

Carla rested her head on her hand "Like we needed your opinion, lowlife." Before Rebeca could respond, Azucena walked into the room.

"Sit down and listen up, please. Your classmate has been released on bail. This means there are charges against him, and he's still being investigated. I've told his family that, given the circumstances, I cannot allow him to come back. Fortunately, it looks like all this
will be resolved soon. The judge has ordered a confrontation between Polo and his accuser tomorrow in order to compare their accounts
and decide whether to charge him formally or to drop the charges. I know it's hard to distance yourselves from this, but I urge you to do it for your own good. This week, we have representatives from the world's best universities coming to meet you. And with a bit of luck, you might be accepted to one or even be awarded a scholarship. This is a crucial moment. There's a lot at stake. Stay focused.
Don't let the past ruin your future."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Mila frowned at the familiar curly haired boy that stood at the doorway "Good morning. Merry Christmas, happy New Year, happy holidays, happy everything, everyone's happy."

***

"Hey, mom. I'm home." Mila walked into the house and heard faint sounds coming from the garden. She dropped her bag and silently walked outside. She noticed her mother smiling and was on the phone. "Yes, I'll tell her now. Thank you, Bye." Mila frowned and walked towards her mother. Alba smiled at her daughter and stayed silent. Mila scoffed "Mom, you're scaring me, what's going on?" Alba's smile grew ten times wider "I just got a call from Polo's mother. She wants you to be on the cover for Bazaar."

Mila's eyes widened and looked down. Alba's smiled faded as she examined her daughter's surprising reaction "Que pasa?" Mila looked up sadly "I don't want to, Mom." Alba began to turn away "Very funny." Mila grabbed her arm and shook her head "I don't want anything to do with that family. Polo killed my best friend." Alba frowned "He didn't kill Marina, sweetie. He would be in jail otherwise." Alba walked off without saying another word and Mila sighed. It was her dream to model for a big company such as theirs. But not like this.