34

Mila walked into the fancy restaurant that stood on the balcony of a prestigious business' building

She reached the reception and smiled at the waiter "I'm joining a table with someone under the name of Mateo Pérez. I think he's here already."

The man raised his eyebrows "Ah, you must be the famous Mila he talked about. I'm Miguel, Mateo's brother. I own this place."

Mila nodded "Right. What did he say about me?" Miguel smirked "That's between him and I. Let's just say you're as beautiful as he described."

Mila looked down and blushed. Miguel then motioned for Mila to follow him to the table that Mateo was waiting patiently at.

Miguel pulled Mila's chair out and smirked at his brother. Mateo finished sipping his drink and smiled at Mila.

When Mila sat down and Miguel said goodbye to them she smirked at Mateo. "You told your brother about me?"

Mateo laughed "It came up in a conversation."

Mila playfully rolled her eyes and she picked up the menu "What kind of food do they serve here?"

Mateo grabbed the menu from Mila and placed it back in the middle of the table.

"Oh, there's no need to worry about that. I already ordered."

Mila frowned "What did you order?" Mateo clasped his hands together "A medium-rear steak with goulash sauce & sweet potato fries."

Mila's eyes widened "How the hell do you know that I like that?" Mateo smirked "Ander."

Mila laughed and rolled her eyes "Of course." About 5 minutes later a waiter came out with the food and placed it on the table.

"Can I ask you a question?" Mila looked up from her plate of food and frowned at his serious face "Go ahead."

Mateo sighed and kept his eyes on the food in front of him "Why did you get so upset when I called you princesa at school?"

Mila licked her dry lips and fiddled with her nails nervously "Someone that I knew used to call me that. He died not so long ago."

Mateo looked away from her "I'm sorry."

Mila shook her head "Don't be. It's just that you remind me of him a little...and that scares me."

Mateo nodded slowly at Mila's words and he clasped his hands together "It seems that you're still hurting and maybe me taking you out tonight was a bad idea...but I don't regret it."

Mila tried to hide her smile and so she picked up her napkin and wiped her mouth.

She then stood up "I think it's time that I head home. I wanna get a good night's sleep."

Mateo stood up after her and smiled "Likewise. I had fun tonight."

Mila nodded without saying anything further and so Mateo kissed her on her cheek and pulled back smirking "I'll see you around, babe."

Mila rolled her eyes and walked out of the restaurant.

She had asked her chauffeur to pick her up and when she arrived home she noticed that her bedroom window was slightly open.

Mila rushed upstairs in the house that only held her sleeping father for the time being.

She put her pyjamas on when she reached her bedroom.

As she laid down on her bed, she smiled as she picked up her phone when she saw that Mateo's brother, Miguel, had just started following her.

Mila's outfit:

Miguel Pérez