𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER NINE:THE WATERFALL

CHAPTER NINE:
THE WATERFALL

"THAT WAS A LOT MORE eventful than I expected it to be." Fallon mused, pushing her sunglasses up on her nose and fixing her hair that was placed in a half up-do, something she's never wore before. She popped a blueberry in her mouth, smiling in delight at the freshness of it.

"Yes, you seemed to enjoy yourself a lot." Bucky nodded, an amused smile falling on his face. The two continued down the streets, glancing at stations every now and then that held different items of food. Fallon ate another berry, allowing the silence to fall between the two. It was a comfortable silence, something Fallon would never believed would have ever happened between the two a week prior.

"Thank you." Fallon suddenly spoke, her voice sincere as she stuffed her hands in her pockets. Bucky looked down at the girl, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"For what?"

She shrugged her shoulders, a faint smile growing on her face. "For being open to help me."

"I'm the one that was the cause for this, it's only right for me to help get you out of it." Bucky told her, offering him a small smile. He shrugged his shoulders. "Besides, I want to help."

"Why?" Fallon asked, frowning. "I tried to kill you. Or, I was planning to do so."

"I didn't have anyone to help me, to bring me back. Well, Steve did in a way, he made me realize who I was. Or, who I used to be. I pulled him out of the river. . . I knew who he was, but I wasn't sure why it was that I knew him." Bucky explained to her. "I didn't want that to be the same for you. No one deserves to go through a very difficult change alone."

"I probably wouldn't have changed had I not met you and your stupid nice persona." She muttered under her breath. She tucked a red strand of hair behind her ear that had fallen out of place, a sad sigh escaping her lips. She wondered what it would have been like had she never met Bucky, had she never tried to figure out where he was and how she was going to kill him six different ways. She wondered what her life would have been like had HYDRA never took her, she wondered if she would have been safe had she not chosen to take those gymnastic classes when she was a kid. Her thoughts started running one-hundred miles-per-hour and she probably would have continued going deeper and deeper into her thoughts had Bucky not snapped his fingers to get her attention. She blinked, looking up at him.

"Are you alright?" He quizzed, frowning slightly. She blinked again before nodding her head, a soft sigh escaping her lips as she continued to look ahead of her.

"Yeah, just in my head again." Fallon answered.

"Penny for your thoughts?" He asked. Fallon shrugged her shoulders.

"Just a lot of what if's." Fallon responded. "What would have happened to me had I not chosen to do certain life choices. They're fun to create in your head, horrible to speak out loud."

"Do you want to go on a field trip with me?" Bucky suddenly asked. Fallon cocked an eyebrow at him before nodding her head.

"Sure, why not?"

The two had went on a long walk away from civilization, down into a hidden cave that was fairly dark. Fallon was confused, her eyebrows furrowed. "Are you about to kill me?"

Bucky scoffed, rolling his eyes. "After all of this bonding that we've been doing for the past week and the first thing you assume I'm going to do is kill you?"

"Well, it would make sense." Fallon shrugged, her arms crossed over her chest. "I don't trust you not to go all winter soldier on me yet." The redhead admitted. Bucky nodded his head in understanding and that's when Fallon noticed the clear blue light that was reflecting against the cave walls. Bucky stopped and turned his head to look at her. Fallon slowly joined his side and a look of pure awe crossed her features.

They were standing behind of a waterfall, and on the other side was a river, flowers scattered around and the entire area being closed of by several large trees and rocks. Fallon walked past Bucky, stretching her hand out until it hit the waterfall, interrupting the smooth stream that had been taking place. Bucky watched the girl with a small smile on his face. She was completely entranced by the beauty of the place, that she hadn't even felt his eyes on her, nor had she noticed him come beside of her until she finally removed her hand from the water.

"This place. . . how did you find it?" Fallon asked, taking her sunglasses off and stuffing them in her back pocket.

"Remember when I told you I went to explore the city?" He asked. Fallon nodded her head. "Well, I hear this waterfall and decided to come and find it, and so I did. As far as I know, no one else come to it."

"It's really beautiful." The female whispered, still in awe.

"It is." He nodded his head in agreement, glancing at her as he said so.

"We'll come back, tomorrow?" She asked hopefully. Bucky smiled and nodded his head at the girl.

"Whatever you want doll."

However, the two wouldn't get the chance to do so, because the next day Bucky would be framed for doing something he didn't do, and Fallon would have to go back into hiding in order to find Steve Rogers in hopes of saving the man that had started to make her feel human again.

END OF PART ONE!