𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER SEVEN:CALL ME BUCKY

CHAPTER SEVEN:
CALL ME BUCKY

SHE WAS CONFIDENT IN HER actions. She wanted to be okay again, and she was confident that Bucky could help her get there. Why she suddenly had all of the trust in the world for the man that she was supposed to kill, she would never know. She made her way into the place she knew he would be staying, watching her back to make sure no one saw her. She didn't want to give him away, knowing he was trying to stay hidden from the world in hopes that he wouldn't be locked up for the rest of eternity.

She stood in front of the apartment door, suddenly nervous. Her hands were sweating, forcing her to rub them on her pants. Her heart was going at an incredible speed, for reasons she couldn't quite understand. Her hand hesitated over the door before she took a leap of faith―︎something she's never done before―︎and knocked on the door. As soon as she did it, she was about to turn away and go back. This was a stupid idea. She started to scold herself in her head, closing her eyes tightly before she opened them to reveal Bucky Barnes standing there, a raised eyebrow pointing towards the girl.

"You know, if you were planning to try and kill me when I least expected it, you're not doing too good of a job so far." There was amusement laced in his voice as he looked at the fiery redhead. Though he was still guarded, ready to attack her if she tried anything, he noticed that she seemed to have something on her mind.

Fallon looked up at him through her eyelashes, rolling her eyes at the sound of his amusement. "If I were to kill you, I would never use the front door."

"What are you doing here then if not to kill me?" Bucky quizzed the woman, curiosity grabbing him before he could shove it away.

"It's funny really." She shrugged, tossing a red curl off her shoulder. He raised his eyebrows expectantly. "Can I. . . come in?" She hesitated as she spoke, her insecurities shining through her like the north star in a black sky. He scanned the girl over, a long silence passing through them before he sighed and nodded his head. He moved to the side, allowing the girl to enter his apartment. Her eyes roamed over the room before they fell on a table. She walked over to it and pulled her gun from her pants, placing it on the table. Then she brought out her several knives that were hidden all over her body. She placed her extra ammo on the table before stepping a few feet away. Bucky watched her with a confused expression.

"There is all my weapons so that you know I won't try and kill you." Fallon told him nodding her head towards the table. Bucky stepped away from the closed door, coming closer to the girl.

"I don't think I understand. . ." He trailed off, his eyebrows furrowing as his tried to figure out exactly what it was that Fallon was trying to do. "Wasn't your whole plan for coming here to kill me for what I did to you?"

"It was." Fallon nodded her head slowly―︎ guiltily almost.

"Then what are you doing here?" He asked again.