𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

CHAPTER THIRTY:NOT GOING HOME

CHAPTER THIRTY:
NOT GOING HOME

     "FIVE YEARS AGO, WE LOST. All of us. We lost friends. . . We lost family. . . We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Steve and Tony exchange looks before Steve and Fallon looked at one another as Steve finished his speech. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

     "He's pretty good at that." Rocket mumbles to no one in particular.

     "Right!" Scott exclaims with a smile.

     "All right, you heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony called to Bruce. Bruce did as he asked and Fallon found herself gabbing Natasha's hand, giving it a small squeeze. Natasha offered the female a reassuring smile and nodded her head.

     "Tractors engaged." Bruce informed as he joined the rest of the group.

     "You promise to bring that thing back in one piece, right?" Rocket asked Clint who was carrying the shrunken Benataur in his hand.

     "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best." Clint responded, rolling his eyes.

     "As promises go, that was pretty lame." Rocket mutters. The sound of the machine starting to work grabbed everyone's attention, and Fallon was forced to let go of Natasha's hand before allowing the mask to cover her face.

     "See you in a minute." Natasha smiles excitedly before they all shrink and enter the Quantum Realm, and they all split at different intervals, going to a different place at a different time in history. Fallon had forced her eyes to close, and when she opened them again, she was standing in an alley way in New York. Aliens were flying around everywhere, causing Fallon to cock an eyebrow.

     "Aliens?"

     "Long story." Steve responded causing the girl to nod her head. "All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one Stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." They all were quick to turn just in time to see Hulk appear, grabbing a car and violently smashing it into an alien before jumping on top of the car until it was crushed. Fallon crossed her arms over her chest and turned her head to look at Bruce with a raised eyebrow, watching as the man shied away in embarrassment. "Feel free to smash a few things along the way."

     "I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce mumbled before walking forward and smashing one hand onto a car whilst doing a false roar. Fallon stood there in amusement before the group of four quickly made their way to the original Avengers tower.