35

Steven was in a dark room standing alone.

"Mom was a Diamond who invaded Earth, saw its beauty and its worth. Mom made an army and fought herself. Did that even end up mattering when she facked her own shattering?"

Steven walked up to the bathroom sink. He applied shaving cream on his face and shaves off the on his chin.

"Mom lived in hiding by the name of Rose with the friends she made and the form she chose. Now all that's left of her exists in us and I think that we can all agree..."

Steven washed his face and glanced down at his gemstone before buttoning up his shirt.

"This is a little bit upsetting. I'd rather think about... a wedding!"

Steven slides out of the bathroom happily into the living room where The Crystal Gem, Y/n and Greg were preparing for the wedding. 

" Let's think about cake. Let's think about flowers. Let's thinking about dressing up and dancing around for hours. There's an awful lot of  we could be thinking of, but for just one day let's only think about love~"

On Steven's bed Sapphire covered her eyes as Rubby walked in, her eyes covered by hands as Y/n lead her.

"Okay, Sapphire. I gotta get dressed for our big day now, so no peeking! And no future vision either!"

Sapphire giggled.

"Okay!"

Steven sat on the couch admiring how cute Sapphire and Ruby were acting when Preal stop to him.

"Oh, Steven. I just wish I could've said some things sooner about Rose, and Pink"

"We could think about lies, that we told in the past" 

"They took it so hard"

"You could think about hurt feelings and how long they can last"

"How can you move on?"

"Or we could think about hope!"

"Hope?" Pearl repeated, confused.

"You know I've been hoping!" 

"About what?"Pearl asked.

"That everything's better now everything's out in the open!"

Steven placed Pearl's top hat on her and smiled at her as she smiled adjusting her hat on her head. He then stepped outside the house onto the porch to find Bimuth wearing a suit armour. 

"Bismuth, is that what you're wearing to the wedding?" Steven questioned her.

"It's the nicest thing I own" Bismuth informed him as she flexed causing spikes to pop out of her shoulder plates.

"Lookin' sharp" Steven said pointing finger guns at her.

" We could think about flowers. We could think about cake. We could think about wonderful promises we have the power to make. There's an awful lot of awful things we could be thinkin' of. But for just one day, let's only think about love!~" Steven sang as he walked downstairs to the beach to help Amethyst as she decorated the alter with pink roses.

She looked at the rose in her hand.

"Maybe I shouldn't have picked up roses. Might be a little controversial."

Steven looked at the roses sadly as he descended down the ladder.

"We could all rethink, how we feel about Rose. When it comes to Pink and the things that she did in the past, I suppose"