PART 22 - FORGOTTEN FEELINGS

TORONTO, CANADA

"Say thank you to your ninong Jun-Jun, Mazy."
Alexine was talking to Jun over a video call with her 4-year old daughter. She had lived in Canada for six years and was married to her co-worker who was also a nurse.

From a distance, she could see a familiar posture, a man in his late 30's about her age wearing a black winter jacket and glasses, with slightly trimmed beard around his face waiting for his coffee to be served at the cashier

From a distance, she could see a familiar posture, a man in his late 30's about her age wearing a black winter jacket and glasses, with slightly trimmed beard around his face waiting for his coffee to be served at the cashier. He was going to her way.

'Rain...Rainier..it's him...' She could not speak loudly.

"Mommy! Let's go to the cashier. I want a Timmies Minis please." Her daughter was pulling her hand to the cashier's direction and they bumped to the man whom she thought looked like Rainier and it was indeed him.

In their surprise, Rainier could not believe on who he just saw that moment. He only had a short trip in Canada to visit his family. Meeting Alexine wasn't planned.

"You know him, mommy?"

'Mommy?' It was a painful truth for Rainier who had been searching for her the past months all over Canada.

"Rainier, it must be you. I can't be mistaken."
"Yes, this is me, Alexine."

"Mommy, hurry and buy me the Timmies Minis." Her daughter impatiently pointed to the display and was making the request with the cashier.

"One moment, alright, alright. here." Pre-occupied by the moment, Alexine still managed to approach him.

" Pre-occupied by the moment, Alexine still managed to approach him

"Wow, you've got a kid now. She's pretty like her mother." He said.

Alexine could not help herself but to blush. She was supposed to resent the man infront of her right now who left her without saying anything.