Part 4 -HIGH-SCHOOL NEVER ENDS

Alexine and Rainier became "secret" friends on mobile. They got to communicate through random call and text message. The network signal is unstable in the province. Makakapag-reply lang si Alexine when she's in the center. They also don't have internet connection. Wala ding Friendster or Social Media Account si Alexine. It got Rainier to be frustrated of this set-up.

But Rainier could only express his feelings towards Alexine with this

But Rainier could only express his feelings towards Alexine with this. He'd admit that he had fallen in love with her at first sight. He's always thinking of her day and night. He could not wait to see her again.

"Hello, sino to?" She accepted the incoming call.
"Hi-hi-hi, A-alexine.." He was nervous to hear her voice in the line for the first time.
"It's okay. Relax Rain, how are you?"
"I'm sorry. I sound stupid. How are you Alexine?" Rainier sounded naïve.
"Don't be. I'm good here. Ba't ka napatawag?"
"It's our final exams, and I don't think I'll pass. How about you?" He just wanted to share his anxiety with her to comfort him somehow.
"That's all, Alexine. Bye!" Rainier urgently hanged up. Then the signal got lost.

Alexine was bothered about the call

Alexine was bothered about the call. It was a strange one. Hindi man lang nakapagsalita si Alexine. It seemed that Rainier sounded more nervous than usual.

She's so far away... I wonder when am I gonna see her again or is it not gonna happen?
I need to see her face soon...I can feel she's the one I've been waiting for...

Alexine had a suitor named Anthony, he was the first one who courted her. He was five years older than Alexine. The guy left the town for an opportunity. He got a sponsorship to be a professional basketball player abroad. He did not pursue her later on since long distance relationships would not work out.

Alexine was still trying to figure out Rainier's real intentions why he suddenly asked for her number that day in the bus. Usually she would not give his trust to a random guy whom she had not known for a long time. On the other hand, she was worried that this kind of relationship might not work just like before. She still wanted to help her family from financial struggles. So getting a long distant boyfriend was not really her priority.