PART 11 - JEALOUS AND INSECURE

Rainier was gone before everyone had wake up. He would be finally meeting Alexine at Zamora's white mansion.

He waited for her but she did not arrive. He got disappointed. He had been looking forward to this day of seeing her again.

"Where is Rainier?"
"Did he get to eat breakfast without us? How selfish."

Marco and Floyd talked while Kristee and Jun were still asleep.
Rainier went back to the treehouse and sat with the table beside the lake.

He brought cocoa bars with him and boiled water at the cooking area of the treehouse.
"You're having hot choco alone Rain." Floyd approached him.

"I brought the cocoa bars and bread for our breakfast. Also prepared the hot water for you."
"I'm amazed bro. I think I'm falling in love with you." Marco teased Rainier.

Kristee overheard this and blushed. She was having a good time with the guys and she remembered the kiss from last night.

"Why did you get up so early bro?" Jun asked.
"I was supposed to meet her but she did not come." Rainier said in a sad tone.
"She's probably busy doing the laundry and some chores at home. I'm sure she'll come to us." Jun tried to convince him.

Kristee was still ecstatic about last night's show. She kissed the boy she liked more. More than the guy she's dating.
His soft lips remained in her memory.
'But what's gonna happen now?'. She was confused. Felt suddenly awkward.

"Alexine!!!!" Aunt Chayo called her

"Yes, auntie?" She was carrying the goods she got from the market. She would wake up at 4:00 AM daily.

"Come here. Have some breakfast."
"Here are the ones you asked me." Alexine told her aunt who's working for Jun's family.

"Great. Let's start making the rice cakes for the visitors."

'Visitors....'
She doesn't carry the cellphone all day with her. Alexine remembered Rainier.

 Alexine remembered Rainier

She also wanted to see him. It's just that she had responsibilities at home to take care of her younger siblings. Her parents worked in the farm owned by the family of Jun.

She looked around the house to see if Jun and his friends were there, but there was none. She did not know what to expect.
She heard that Jun brought her girlfriend. A city girl. She wondered what she looked like. She was going to meet his friends again. Those she met from the city the first time. She felt an unnecessary anxiety.

Deep inside she was looking forward that she could spend time with Rainier while he was on vacation.
She was scheduled to take a college entrance exam in the big city soon.

"Have the visitors already eaten breakfast?" Alexine asked.
"They are at the tree house."
"But a young boy was just here earlier, I gave him the bread and cocoa bars then left." Aunt Chayo said.
"That's good to know" Alexine felt concerned. She hoped that they would have a good breakfast in the province.

Alexine suspected it was probably Rainier. He could be sending messages to her phone and unable to read them because she already got up so early to start her day at the market.

"What did he look like?"
"He's a fine boy. Are you interested in him?"

Alexine blushed secretly.
"Don't say that auntie! Flirting is not my priority."

"Yes, you still have a bright future ahead of you. You are young, smart and hardworking. After you graduate in college, professional men will chase after you. You just pick from lawyers, doctors, engineers and businessmen because they earn more."

"Look at me. I was married to your uncle. He got no job and an alcoholic. I'm planning to leave him if he continues to be like that."

"I had a boyfriend before who was rich. His family did not like me because I was not a college graduate. They looked down on women without degree and who came from a poor family. So don't be like me. Finish your studies and marry a decent man."

"It's too early to talk about marriage, auntie."

They giggled together as they started making rice cakes.

'My aunt Chayo keeps on talking about the same topic. She's like a broken tape.' Alexine thought.

"I wasn't able to eat breakfast in your house." Rainier told Jun.
"That's because I asked auntie Chayo not to prepare. I planned on having breakfast here."

"Alright, let's all eat. Then we can go out." Jun exclaimed.
"But we're already out." Marco said.
"Are you joking, Marco?"

Then they all laughed and having a good time.
Rainier was being quiet. He felt a little disappointed for not being able to see her.

'What if we don't get to see her during my whole stay in the summer? What if I'm not going to meet her forever?'
He was feeling anxious.

Kristee stared at him for a while.
"Rainier." She approached him.
"I'm sure Jun will take you to her." She added.

She was being sarcastic and insincere. Actually she did not want him to meet Alexine. She wanted to meet her herself and see if there was something about the girl.

"Don't worry about it Kristee."

"What? Why would I worry??" She felt defensive and pissed.
"If it does not work out between the two of you, there are a lot of pretty girls in our city, you know?"

'like me...'she said softly. Rainier did not respond to her.

'I admit I'm starting to get insecure....' Kristee kept to herself.