Finally saying it

Tw//mentions of self-harm

Avneet's POV

I gasped as he dog-eared the book my favourite teacher just gave me. One of my favourite books. The book I read when I was having...thoughts. He then threw the book like it was nothing. But it wasn't nothing, it was practically my life. I stared at the book as he turned around and started walking away. I picked up the book and carefully put it in my bag then grabbed his arm and turned him around with force.

I slapped his face that was full of confusion. I was on the verge of crying. How dare he?

"How dare you?" Asked Arishfa while Reem gasped and the others just stayed silent in shock.

"What happened here?" Jaan asked coming there but I just showed her my hand.

"Do you know what you just did?" I trembled and so did my voice "You-" I said pointing to his heart "just dog-eared and threw the book that saved my life" There were some gasps, nobody had ever dared to stand up to the bullies "and do you know who put me in mortal danger?" I asked my voice getting softer but still clear.

Silence.

I scoffed sarcastically. "You did. You and your whole group. Not just mine, almost everyone's that you ever bullied. If not for this book I would've never made it to this day-"

"So what?" His voice was hoarse "I don't care, you all could jump off roofs for all I could give a-" another slap. "HOW DARE YOU?" He shouted taking a step closer to me.

"NO HOW DARE YOU!" My voice broke "Remember when you passed around that paper in class and told everyone to write insults about me? And then chucked the paper at me in the end?" I said almost crying.

"I cut for every insult" I said so low that only the two of us could hear.

"The book you just threw saved me from that one comment more than what I could handle" I was crying by now.

"I never once enjoyed this school because you ruined it for me and I never said it though I so wanted to and today I will. All of you supposed bullies. You aren't bullies you're ignorant, insecure, self absorbed and arrogant arses that hurt people on their insecurities and crush their hopes just so you can feel better about yourselves. You aren't better. Heck you can't even compare. You broke hearts, crushed dreams and probably killed someone's self confidence and security in themselves so you are lower, lower than you could ever imagine." I finished tears rushing down my face and stormed out clutching the strap of my bag, the whole school was silent, even the DJ.

Siddharth's POV

I'd like to tell you that I didn't care a bit and followed her or insulted or bullied her more but I didn't. I stood there, shocked and disgraced by my own self. She had slapped me twice. Worse, she told me that she self harmed because of me.

"Was it...true?" Jaan said her voice constricted "Did you really bully her that much?"

"Jaan listen-"

"Do not call me Jaan"

"I can explain-" I started but she interrupted me

"No you can't" and walked away
and she was right how could I explain this. But I couldn't be soft I was still a bully a horrible horrible bully. I couldn't ever forgive myself.

"What are you all staring at? DRAMA OVER!" Faisal shouted to all the bystanders in the lawn and told the DJ to continue with his work and almost everything was normal.

Keyword: Almost

"If only you'd listened to me" Reem said slowly. "To be honest, I'm proud of her" She smiled.

"What the fuck are you talking about? She slapped Sid! She's so gonna pay for this" Arishfa said angry.

"Arishfa stop it just agree that you were wrong" Jaijeet said "In fact we were all wrong"

"Oh God stop feeling guilty she is just another nerd" Lucky said not caring at all

"Who snapped and may as well be an example to others" Reem attempted to make the couple see sense.

Arishfa and Lucky started arguing with Reem and Jaijeet

"What has gotten into you? Why are you defending her?" Arishfa asked exasperated

"Because she's right!" Reem said in the same tone.

"GUYS SHUT IT! US ARGUING WILL RESULT TO NO GOOD!" Faisal said having enough

"Oh please it's not like-" Lucky speaks up

"STOP" I said out of nowhere finally recovering "I'll take care of her my own way"

"I swear to God Siddharth" Reem flared up and put her hands to her head "if you do anything to her-"

"So what? Why should we care?" I said now fully angry

"Because she's a human too Sid" Jaijeet said and that shut him up.

"I'm going after Jannat and Avneet you all can do whatever you want" Reem walked off and Jaijeet gave all of them a look and went behind her.

"Don't worry we'll take care of her" Arishfa said keeping her hand on Sid's shoulder.

"U won't, I will" I said voice thick and jaw set.

"Dude-" Faisal started but I stopped him with a "Not right now Faisu".
_________________________________________

(A/N) So that happened. What do you think will happen in Avu's POV? Omg I'm so excited for the next chapter also 120 reads I love you all so much oh my god thank you so much💖💖. Also how do you like the characters so far? Tell me in the comments please love you.

Word count- 960

Now,

Favourite moment?

Least favourite moment?

Any improvements?

Vote
Comment
Share

Love you all so much

XOXO, J