Angst cuz like I'm evil or something

hi

"Kya hai kya hai kya hai" An annoyed Avu said opening the door that was being repeatedly knocked on by Reem and Jaan
"Partyyyyyy!!!!"
Avu looked at the clock and said "It's 8-"
"Yeah its 8 chal ab"
"We aren't even dressed tho??"
"It's a dorm party you're SUPPOSED to be in a pyjamas and you are"
"Yeah cuz I was reading"
"Read tomorrow chal ab"
"Offo fine Anu tu bhi chal"
"Im ready hi you're blocking the way" Avu shook her head letting Reem and Jaan pull her

Sid stared at Reem and Jaan with a 'do we have to?' expression and he was sure Jaan's glare meant a hard 'Yes.'

"You have drunk before right?" Jai said glasses ready for them
"Of course" Anu said and took hers
"Vodka?"
"Yup infact a new bottle of the one you drank neat yesterday"
"I- I'm sorry" she said genuinely sorry
"It's all fine here take this now" Jai said and gave the glass to her

"We saw that Avneet here can have 2-3 gulps neat but what about you?" Riyaz said nudging Anu
"Dude I'm punjabi"
"Alright that's fair enough" Sid said "But Riyaz yaar you're wrong the nerd did have 2-3 gulps but we don't exactly know her tolerance I mean she passed out right?"

"No, I slept"
"Hm sure whatever you say"
"Alright alright there's only one way to solve this" Fais piped up
"What?" everyone asked
"Sid and Avneet have to do a shots competition"
"Wha- no" Avneet said before they could start hyping up the idea
"Why? You scared?" Sid sneered
"Scared?" She laughed "Alright then I accept"
"Please I'm not wasting my time"
Anu kept her elbow on Avus shoulder and said "Why? Scared?"
Before Sid could answer Arishfa interrupted and said "He's not scared of anyone he accepts right?" she turned to Sid
"Right"

And so they drank, both of them going head to head as the rest cheered from the sidelines. This went on for a while before Reem interrupted

"Alright alright bas sidh hogaya tum dono piyakad ho ab peena band karo"
Jai joined her and said "Sahi keh rhi hai poori bottle khatam kar dena tum dono"

"Acha acha chalo peekar bouot hogaya ab kuch khane chalte hai takeout pass mai hi toh hai"
"han thik hai chalo chalo" Everyone agreed with Jannat

While on their way out, they saw a student coming their way. It was way past curfew but they were out too so they couldn't really blame them.

They "hid" behind a wall, yes all 10 of them, as the student walked past.

They had airpods in and were talking to someone, when they reached the hiding spot they stared at them for a good 30 seconds before shaking their head and moving along.

"See we're so good we aren't even even...eve..." Jannat started then stared off into space but Faisal continued for her
"Yeah we aren't even drunk see they didn't even notice us" he said and slumped on the wall.

"Alright then lets go and get food" Anu said and pushed them along with Arishfa.

While kind of drunk Avu couldn't stop smiling, drunk Sid's face was as stoic as ever. 'It looks like carved rock' Avu noted subconsciously

With a few accidents and a lot of stifled giggles they finally reached the takeout. Soon almost all of them were just drunk ordering.

While standing there, Sid looked into Avneet's eyes that were looking kind of droopy since it was past the bedtime she had promised she would follow. Welp guess that's out of the window now.

While the others were ordering, Sid swiftly held her hand and pulled her to the space between their dorms and the takeout where they could talk alone.

"What?" She said annoyed at being separated from her friends
"I just I want to I want to say...something"
"Well ya aren't just gonna wait around are ya?"
"I just want to say that I'm- I'm sorry"
"Sorry for..?"
"For being a terrible human being"
"Oh that! Yeah okay sure"
"Sure? What does sure mean?"

"Well it's not like you're doing this sincerely you're doing this only because you don't want to have that guilt over you and I don't actually give a fuck about your feelings since you'll never understand how I feel"
"I was misguided I was I was trying to be like my older friends and just you know...cool"
"Cool? Is that what bullying's called these days?"
"Hey I'm trying to apologise"

"And I don't care? Because you know what you "apologising" won't just brush away everything I had to deal with"
"I'm sorry I never meant it that way I regret it I didn't know what I was doing I didn't- I didn't think my actions would have such consequences"

"Well maybe you should've matured and you know what? If it was only me maybe I would've let it slide but what about the others? The ones who didn't tell you? The ones who still suffer in silence? The ones you'll probably never meet again? How will you apologise to them?"
"I-"

"Look if you have some sort of guilt over what you did just be better it's not like you've improved you know"
"I- I will"
"Good"
"Do do you forgive me then?"
"I'm sorry I can't do that"
"But why not?"
"Because it takes time, a lot of effort goes into building yourself up from ashes again you know"
Avu started to walk away but he stopped her

"Wait I just you-you're not as bad as I'd made a point to show you when we were in school you're actually way better than all of us I- I was insecure and I hurt you and I just ruined everything and I'm just so so sorry because I don't know what I can do to make it better and I swear I'll be a better person but I just want you to know that you're a beautiful human being to have to bear with all of that crap I gave you- fuck I'm useless"
Avu sighed and said "Look this is all real sweet but I wish you were sober"

She said and walked away leaving a Sid who's mouth remained open as she went to her friends, the noise of her steps against the asphalt deafening him. Needless to say they avoided each other for the rest of the night.

(A/N)
Word count- 1100
ik im late but actually i don't give a fuck so anyways
Byeee, J