Ch. 13

~No One's P.O.V~ At least 30 minutes after he group got to the guild, Storm was back wearing white pants with black crosses on the bottom with a blue shirt tucked inside. He had on a dark blue coat, the sleeves rolled and folded with a white color. He wore brown boots.

He brought Lucas a black shirt with red pants and a black cloak with red accents. He wore black boots.

"Thanks Storm. No problem." Storm replied, watching as Lucas put on his coat. "Come on. Our parents have explaining to do."

They walked in deafening silence, and you could tell both wanted answers more than anything. They were worried. She hadn't been there long enough for Storm, but he already felt as if he'd known her all his life. And every time he saw her from the day they met, his heart ached.

Once in the infirmary, all of their parents were there and the master. It must be very serious for the Gramps to get involved. He rarely does anymore. "So what happened?"

Storm stood in between Sylvia and Rin's beds with his arms crossed and a glare fixated on the master. "There's a reason why Natsu and Lucy left around 10 years ago. Ten? We left right after Nashi was born." Lucas stood taller, and his mother gave him a sad smile.

"That's not entirely true. We stayed here for a while. I was had just given birth to your baby brother when your sister showed sign of powers." Lucy gripped Natsu's shoulder, tears building in her eyes.

"But her powers were too much.

Too much for a normal fire mage. And since your father was E.N.D, both of you had the possibility to becoming like him. A fire demon."

Lucas shuddered, holding his arms. He didn't like where she was headed with this.

"Nashi's demonic power gave us problems. It activated yours and eventually....," she stopped and Natsu gripped her hand. The master continued seeing as they couldn't. "It awakened your baby brother's power as well. Since he was but a child, the power was too much to handle. Having one fire demon was power enough. So we took the only book that was able to hold curse power, and that was the Book Of E.N.D.

We took the demonic power and placed it in the book. It was a lot for a newborn and a child of nine. The transfer of magic killed your brother." Gramps spoke sadly, and Lucas stiffened himself. He didn't know this. He remembered his baby brother's death. He had died after child birth. He saw them as they flashed through his head. The only thing was that they were warping.

Morphing into memories he'd never seen. A book, his mother chanting. A burning white cloth.

"It nearly killed you as well. Since the book itself was your father though, it could only handle so much more.

We put your brother's curse power in there, but if we added yours the result would be catastrophic. We couldn't risk it, but we didn't know what to do." That's what got Storm thinking. "But what does any of this have to do with Nashi having all this curse power?"

He asked, and Lucas perked up also curious about the answer.

"There was only one option. Since the book was full, there was only one way to get rid of the curse power."

It hit Lucas. The book was already full of power and the only other place it could go into was....

No.

They would never.

Not to her.

"Tell me you didn't."

Storm's words were a deadly calm as his fists balled getting his knuckles to turned white.

"The only other place it could go is to a host. Mr. Dragneel's body is too worn to keep holding onto the power. It would kill him faster than he could control it." Storm pulled away from the wall as all eyes were on him except for the master's.

He had his back to the boy, but he could feel the cold aura of dread and anger. Pure anger.

"You took Lucas' curse power and put it in Nashi because you knew it would kill both your sons. And you couldn't have that could you?" Storm looked down on the man who's eyes were closed. He spoke in a calm tone.

"There wasn't any other way. So you condemn her to a fate worse than death!?" Storm shouted his hair growing white causing the temperature to drop rapidly.

"Mom. Dad."

They can't be serious.

Lucy looked at him in sadness and tried to hug him, but he just pushed her away. "No. Tell me you didn't." He said, and Lucy tried to speak. He closed his eyes and shouted. "TELL ME!" His voice was louder than expected, and she spoke. It was quiet, and it made his heart stop.

She said the exact words he didn't want to hear.

"We put your power into your sister,  effectively speeding up the process to change her into E.N.D."

Lucas couldn't see.

When he opened his eyes, everything was blurry with tears. He looked through the tears at his parents and saw Storm yelling at the master. He shook his head.

His heart hurt and ached.

He gripped his shirt fisting it, feeling a lump form, cutting off his airway. It hurt bad, so bad he choked silently. He wanted to speak but he couldn't. He couldn't stop his heart from pounding loudly in his chest. God, what didn't hurt?

His heart did.

His head felt like it was splitting apart.

His hands tried to find something to grip but they slipped. He stumbled into Sylvia's bed. "Luke? Lukas!" He slipped and fell, Sylvia leaned over speaking to him.

He couldn't hear.

Soon everyone swarmed him, talking all at once. It was too much. He can't handle that much. Not anymore. He pushed his way up and out, running out the room and down the hall. His heart hammered, and he heard his pants. He didn't know where he was going.

He didn't care. As long as it was away.

Soon, he slowed to a stop. He leaned against the wall before sliding down it and putting his head in his hands.

And Lucas sat there, his world crumbling in around him. He hyperventilated, and curled in a ball hiding himself. How could life go so wrong?

He just had a panic attack.