Hundred Twenty Two

a/n: stuck on what to lean towards the end of this book :/ not sure where to take it.

tw:homophobic slurs

**

Katen walks into his house, Johnathan's note in his hands. "He went to see mom. Our stupid fucking mom."

Jeremy furrows his brows, taking the cigarette out his mouth. "What? Let me see."

Katen hands him the note, grabbing the carton of cigarettes off the table. He lights it and takes a drag from it. "Dads gonna be pissed. So pissed."

"Why the fuck would he do that?"

"It's that Benjamin kid. I swear it. Johnathan was doing fine until he got interested in that fuckin' fag."

Jeremy looks up and shakes his head. "You don't think that's a stretch?"

"No. We've been picking on that fucker for years and all of a sudden Johnny thinks it's wrong? Benjamin is tricking him into thinking it's okay to be gay."

Jeremy sets the note down. "Well, what do you wanna do?"

"I don't know."

Their dad walks in with a case of beers in his hands. He sets them down on the table, grabbing his lighter off the table. "Hand me a cigarette."

He takes a seat, picking the note up off the table. "The hell is this?"

Katen sets a cigarette down next to his dad. Mr.Vich grabs it, lighting his cigarette while reading Johnathan's note. "What the fuck is this? Why is Johnathan going to see his mother?"

"We don't know, sir."

Mr.Vich stands up, grabbing his coat off the back of his chair. "Fuck. Come with me, Jeremy. Katen, you figure out whoever this Benjamin chick is and tell him not to fuck with our family again, got it?"

**
Noah leans forward as he was watching the TV. Benjamin was on the floor, sitting in between his legs to do some homework.

Noah was supposed to be doing homework also but explained to Benjamin that watching other people play was his homework.

He quickly glances down at the notebook that Benjamin was writing in, shaking his head. "What does that even say?"

Benjamin tilts his head back to look at Noah. "Writing code. I'm seeing if this work then I'll type it in. I'm trying to learn how to code in C++ just in case someone on my team doesn't know how."

Noah stares at him for a second and nods. "Mhm."

Benjamin giggles and grabs his phone. "Fuck. Our food should be here already. I'm starving."

Noah shrugs his shoulder, "I offered to buy food before we got here but someone said no."

Benjamin rolls his eyes. "That's because it's my turn to pay for food. You paid all last week and twice this week and you know we take turns."

"You could've paid today. I'm just the driver."

Benjamin smiles and shakes his head. "Shut up. You know I left my wallet here."

The doorbell rings and Benjamin sighs. "Finally. That's gotta be our food."

Noah moves his legs to let Benjamin get up. He grabs a five-dollar bill out of his wallet for the tip and walks to the front door.

Benjamin opens the front door, seeing Katen standing there. He tries to shut the door, though, Katen is much stronger than him and slams it open.

Noah looks over front the couch, immediately getting up. Benjamin shakes his head. "What're you doing here."

Katen gives Benjamin a harsh shove. "I just came here to let you know to never mess with my fucking family again, got it?"

Noah grabs Benjamin, shaking his head. "Yo. How about you get out of here."

Katen looks up at Noah, shaking his head. "I'm not fuckin' talking to you. Stay the fuck out of this."

Katen looks back down at Benjamin. "Don't ever fucking talk to Johnathan again. You know nothing about my family, got it?"

Benjamin shakes his head. "I know enough. And I know he didn't feel safe. All I did was provide him somewhere to live I didn't do anything wrong."

"Watch your fuckin' mouth, you fuckin' faggot! You don't know anything!"

Noah steps in between the two, pushing Katen off. "Hey! Get out of here! How about you watch your mouth. I'm getting really tired of you."

Katen backs up and rolls his eyes. "You know, I'm getting really tired of you! You don't even fucking belong here! Go back to fuckin' Mexico or wherever you're from-."

Benjamin physically cringed at the sound of Noah's punch against Katen's face. He looks up at the two, seeing Katen holding his nose with blood running down his hand.

Noah shakes his head. He grabs the door handle, holding the door open for Katen. "Get the fuck out of here."

Benjamin looks at Katen who wipes his bloody nose, obviously in pain. He rolls his eyes, walking out the front door. "Fuckin' fags."

**
"Damn. He's a fucking asshole but his face is like...Rock fucking solid."

Benjamin frowns and grabs the ice pack to place on Noah's knuckles. "I'm sorry you had to hit him."

Noah shakes his head. He lifts his hand up to his face. "Fuck, this hurts."

The doorbell rings again and Benjamin gets up. He looks outside the window this time, smiling. "It's actually our food this time."

Noah smiles and Benjamin answers the door, nicely greeting the pizza delivery guy. He sets his hand back down on the ice pack, bouncing his leg up and down to calm himself back down.

Benjamin walks into the kitchen, setting the pizza boxes on the table. He grabs two plates and sits back next to Noah.

"Bebesita? You think...You should get like your dad...or like the cops involved with Katen? I don't like the idea of him showing up to your house when you're home alone."

"Remember what happened last time we tried? They did nothing about it. And, Katen's dad pays the school a lot of money, which is why Katen gets away with so much."

"Fuck. You never think he'd try and...really hurt you, right?"

Benjamin looks up at Noah, fear in his eyes. "Do you?"

"I don't know, bebe. All I know is that he's fucking insane and I don't want him anywhere near you."

Benjamin nods his head and places some pizza on Noah's plate. "Yeah. I don't think he would, to be honest. He hasn't always been this mean."

"What do you mean?"

"He was nice in middle school. He had like an entire switch sophomore year. That's when it started happening."

"You think something bad happened?"

Benjamin closes the pizza box and shrugs. "His household is toxic. He was probably taught to be the person he is today."

Noah nods his head. "Yeah."

**