Buddha Quotes 8

Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future. The past no longer is. The future has not yet come. Looking deeply at life as it is. In the very here and now, the practitioner dwells in stability and freedom. We must be diligent today. To wait until tomorrow is too late.

After enlightenment, the laundry.

All living beings have Buddha nature and can become Buddhas.

Just as a solid rock is not shaken by the storm, even so the wise are not affected by praise or blame.

If you determine your course with force or speed, You miss the way of the dharma. Quietly consider what is right and what is wrong. Receiving all opinions equally, without haste, wisely, observe the dharma.

The wise have mastered body, word, and mind. They are the true masters.

Through vigilance, restraint and control the wise will construct and island that no flood will overcome.

Do not accept what you hear by report, do not accept tradition, do not accept a statement because it is found in our books, nor because it is in accord with your belief, nor because it is the saying of your teacher.

When a man is stimulated by his own thoughts, full of desire and dwelling on what is attractive, his craving increases even more. He is making the fetter even stronger. But he who takes pleasure in stilling his thoughts, practising the contemplation of what is repulsive, and remaining recollected, now he will make an end of craving, he will snap the bonds of Mara. His aim is accomplished, he is without fear, rid of craving and without stain. He has removed the arrows of changing existence. This is his last body.

Your actions are your only true belongings.