Buddha Quotes 1

If a traveler does not meet with one who is his better, or his equal, let him firmly keep to his solitary journey; there is no companionship with a fool.

A family is a place where minds come in contact with one another. If these minds love one another the home will be as beautiful as a flower garden. But if these minds get out of harmony with one another it is like a storm that plays havoc with the garden.

You are the community now. Be a lamp for yourselves. Be your own refuge. Seek for no other. All things must pass. Strive on diligently. Don't give up.

With gentleness overcome anger.
With generosity overcome meanness.
With truth overcome deceit.

Our theories of the eternal are as valuable as are those that a chick which has not broken its way through its shell might form of the outside world.

Just as gold is burnt, cut and rubbed, Examine my words carefully and Do not accept them simply out of respect.

As a net is made up of a series of ties, so everything in this world is connected by a series of ties. If anyone thinks that the mesh of a net is an independent, isolated thing, he is mistaken. It is called a net because it is made up of a series of interconnected meshes, and each mesh has its place and responsibility in relation to other meshes.

If by leaving a small pleasure one sees a great pleasure, let a wise man leave the small pleasure, and look to the great.

Your days pass like rainbows, like a flash of lightning, like a star at dawn. Your life is short. How can you quarrel?

Seeker, empty the boat, lighten the load, be free of craving and judgment and hatred, and feel the joy of the way.