Buddha Quotes 5

The glorious chariots of kings wear out, and the body wears out and grows old; but the virtue of the good never grows old.

But if you do not find an intelligent companion, a wise and well behaved person going the same way as yourself, then go on your way alone, like a king abandoning a conquered kingdom, or like a great elephant in the deep forest.

The only way to bring peace to the earth is to learn to make our own life peaceful.

Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.

Truths cannot be acquired from words out of other people's mouths. Before truths can be internalized, they must come from one's own realizations and practices. Through a lifetime of personal practice, human beings are capable of revealing all of the secrets of the cosmic essence. You are your own best judge.

For those who are ready the door to the deathless state is open. If you have ears give up the conditions that bind you and enter in.

When your mind is set in meditative equipoise, you can see reality exactly as it is.

Suffering does not befall him who is without attachment to names and forms.

The shallow is easy to embrace, but the profound is difficult. To discard the shallow and seek the profound is the way of a person of courage.

As an elephant in the battlefield withstands arrows shot from bows all around, even so shall I endure abuse.