- Chapter 30 -

"Anisa..."

Tahir was about to rush towards her up until he noticed two men. He assumed they were Abbas's men since their uniforms were different than JSS agents. If he were to go up to her now, he'd risk her life. If he wanted to go and attack them, he'd risk his identity and the entire place would become a war zone. 

He was stuck in a tough decision. He didn't know what to do. He looked around for anything that could help him or anyone. That's when he spotted doctors rushing towards him and stopped one of them and asked, "Let me borrow your coat."

"What are you talking about sir?" she looked confused 

"Please, it's a matter of life and death. I know who you're after. I'm trying to save the same person," He was begging at this rate. He couldn't afford to lose Anisa again. 

The doctor saw the genuine sincerity through his blue orbs and quickly started taking off her doctor's coat. He put it on immediately and rushed towards Anisa's body that was weak and fragile. She was barely able to open her eyes as he grabbed her and wrapped his arms around her waist. 

"Anisa," he whispered in relief after feeling her in his arms, "Anisa, bear with me." 

Anisa had begun to lose her vision. It was blurry but the arms around her waist felt similar and she felt a sense of trust with them. She began to lose consciousness and Tahir expected this much. Knowing her, she probably resisted everything given to her by Abbas. 

Tahir turned behind him and told the woman, "We need to get her to a hospital without the public finding out about this."

The woman nodded and as they began to move, Abbas's men stopped them and one of them said, "I'm afraid I can't let you do that. Strict orders from Mr. Abbas himself."

"She's on the verge of dying!" Tahir growled, frustrated by their audacity to prevent them from getting her someplace safe. 

"Sir, You're holding the princess in your hands. It's not a decision someone as low ranked as you can make," the man took a step forward, blocking their path. 

While Tahir dealed with matters on the inside, Saif was in the courtyard looking for a solution to get to Abbas. Since this was being broadcasted live, it was a difficult task since their identity was at risk. They could easily play out the authorities card but the actual authorities would show up and expose their cover. 

As he blended in with the crowd that flooded the courtyard, a car pulled up from the back and it didn't even properly park. Saif's eyes widened as soon as he saw who came out of it. Both Layla and Yasin came rushing towards the podium where Abbas stood. 

Abbas cursed under his breath as he paused his speech, annoyed that the royals were interfering. 

The crowd paved way for the two and everyone's attention never left sight of them. Layla finally spoke up as she glared at Abbas and announced, "Everyone, the man that is standing before you is not who you think he is. This man is after the throne and has kidnapped the princess."

Gasps were heard throughout the crowd and Saif couldn't help but smile. He was proud of Layla atoning for her mistakes. She wasn't so cold-hearted and self consumed as everyone thought. But, he wasn't fond of her being in a dangerous place. How did she make it past the guards at the palace who were strictly ordered not to let anyone out?

"What are you talking about princess? Anisa and I both made the decision -"

"My sister would never want to be with a man like you!" Yasin cut him off and growled. 

"Now, I think there's been a misunderstanding here," Abbas stepped off the podium. 

Afterwards, he did the unthinkable and pulled out the gun from his back pocket and shot up at the sky.