Always silent (+SPOOKTOBER 2)

Start from the beginning

"Hm. You don't talk much do you," she'd said. Peter was fiddling with the cuffs of his sweater as she spoke to him, unsure of what to do. His cheeks burned with embarrassment at the thought of being judged by yet another person-

"I like you." For a moment, Peter stared, his mouth gapping slightly. He then gave a small, warm smile. "Man, I could've drawn you a few seconds ago. You think you can make that face again? You know, the I'm in an anxiety crisis look?" Peter huffed out a laugh. He could tell they would be friends.

"Hey Loser. I'm guessing you learned more sign?" Peter nodded eagerly. Normally when he taught them, he'd use an app where he can type in his sentences and it would say it for him.

"Oh I actually got us all little booklets for it 'n stuff. We can start learning it places other than school, ya know?" "Woah MJ these are cool." "Yeah, you're welcome Nerd."

Peter was lucky to have MJ and Ned. Well, He knew that from the beginning but every time they did something like this for him, his heart swelled with happiness.

A shrill ringing sounded from the school speaker. "Mr. Parker please report to the principal's office, Mr. Parker please report to the principal's office."

As the childish people these high schoolers were, they "ooo'd" as if Peter had done something wrong.

Rolling his eyes, he waved goodbye to his friends and made his way to the office, wondering what was happening.

Wait, May was ok right? He thought as he turned the doorknob.

"Ah Parker, there you are." The boy waved with a small smile. Most teachers at the school liked him because of his good grades and lack of talking. Others hated him for it and thought he was just being disobedient so he didn't have to do presentations and participate in class. Though, he still found a way to do so for the most part. He could never really understand why they targeted him so much for it...

Luckily, principal Morita liked him. The man smiled and waved him over, seeming excited. Ok, so this was probably good news..?

"Peter I cant believe you've done this but a letter came here and..." he handed Peter a envelope.

Stark Industries.

Wait- Stark Industries?!

Peter looked up at him wondering what this was about. What did SI have to do with anything?

"Peter they don't even take high school interns! If Tony Stark's really taking you in here, that's saying something kid!" He ran a hand over his face, laughing somewhat maniacally.

"Oh right sorry I'm keeping you so long. This is just- crazy. Your aunt will be very proud of you Peter. I hope you have a great rest of your day."

Awkwardly, Peter gave a small smile and tried to pretend he understood the situation and stuffed the letter in his backpack. He'd get a better look at it after school. It wasn't as if Tony Stark actually wanted him to work there. Besides, he was a sophomore. SI didn't even allow anyone under 18 to step into that building!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, he still didn't understand.