Chapter Five

Casper P.O.V.

We got back to the hotel and got out then all tried to cram into one lift. But as it turns out we couldn't quite all fit, so I volunteered to stay behind and so did Ali. My heart skipped a few beats when she said she would for some reason.

After everyone else had gone up we got in the lift. I glanced over at her.

"So," I smiled at her.

"So what?" She laughed.

"I don't know." I laughed back.

Just then the lift shuddered and she jumped slightly.

"Hey, it's okay." I said touching her arm.

She looked over and gave a small smile, "Sorry I get a little bit... Claustrophobic."

I grinned at her, "Don't worry I'll protect you."

"I'm sure you will." She laughed and the lift suffered again and then suddenly stopped.

I spun around looking to see what was wrong when the lights flickered out.

Ali gasped quietly. "Casper." She said quietly sounding scared.

"Ali I'm right here it's okay." I said softly.

"Casper I'm scared." She said softly.

I reached out and found her hand then pulled her close wrapping my arms around her. "It will be okay." I said softly.

She nodded, "Okay." She whispered.

I rubbed her back. "You're shaking."

She laughed her soft beautiful laugh, "I kind of get like that when I'm really nervous."

"It's cute." I said quietly.

She tilted her head up to look at me, well as well as she could in the dark. "It is?"

I bit my lip. "Uh I didn't really...mean to say that out loud."

She laughed softly.

"Ali?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to go out sometime?" I asked nervously