⌕dark and twisty

YOUR POV

"Hey, you okay?" Mr. Harada asked, breaking the ice, looking away from the road and turning his attention to me. I looked at him and saw his face that was filled with concern. I couldn't help but let out giggles. He turned his head back to the road with a confused face. "Why?" He asked, now with brows meeting in the middle and a scrunched up nose. The giggles got worse. "Did you really think I would be sad over that?" I asked, feigning more giggles while clutching on my stomach. He just gave me a quick glance to examine my face and was assured when he saw me looking fine. He gave me a quick nod and went to focus back on the road. When the fake laughter I made started to fade I looked back at the window and let a tear or two drop. No one ever noticed the pseudo happiness I would make just to feel better of myself. Maybe I was better off an actress or something. I never liked emotions, but I did like the part when I can make someone believe what's in my mind just by faking them. They make you vulnerable though, and I'm not gonna be like that. I make sure my walls are high and strong. Only my dad, Sou, Kenma and Tetsu managed to see beyond those walls of mine, and they were just glimpses. Building those walls were a hell of hard work so no freaking one is just gonna jump over, climb or break them down. Ever. Those walls weren't even made for dark secrets. It's just for my sanity. If those walls were to be broken, I'd go down with it.

"So, can I have a gun?" I turned to him and smiled. He didn't look at me but he cringed. "No, why?" I huffed and crossed my arms. "Well maybe he's a stalker and out to get me." He turned to me, still with a cringed face. I pouted. "The chief said he would give you detectives that would follow you. I doubt you have any need for any harmful objects." He turned back to the road, now with a stoic face. "But what if the stalker was super smart and he could attack the detective, knock on wood, then me?"  He shook his head and started to chuckle. I tried my best to give him puppy dog eyes while he glanced at me repeatedly, but maybe Mr. Harada hates puppies since he didn't look like he was about to budge. "You trained with your dad when you were a kid on self defense. You have alcohol spray, pepper spray and I think even raid on you all the time. Maybe you have a pocket knife there or a fork even. So, I highly doubt you need any more weapons." He parked in front of the house and faced at me. He gave me a polite smile." And if he ever does something, you're smart enough to escape those clutches. You have a strong mental capability y/n, almost nothing can break you down." He chuckled.

I just jutted my bottom lip further out and intensified the look of sadness in my eyes, giving up the idea of being able to pursuade him with words. "No guns." He said and gestured his hand to the door. "Thanks for the ride." I said with a pout and he sighed. I got out of the car and waved goodbye at him before going into the house. I turned quickly before he even reacted, wanting to just go inside and have a mental breakdown already. But it looks like I won't because the neighbours look like they have a new noisy dog.

"Hey, are you okay sweetie?" My dad greeted as I opened the door. He leaning on the wall beside it. "Chief told me what happened. We'll find that son of a bitch." He said and came closer. He placed his hand on my cheek and rubbed on it with his thumb. I placed my hand over his and gave him a small smile. "I'll find him dad." I said, emphasising the 'I'll'. He just nodded and hugged me, patting my back as he did so. I returned the hug and nuzzled myself on his chest as he placed his chin on top of my head. "Oh the Kuroo kid said you could sleep over there if you want. He said Kenma would be there if you were going." He said as he withdrew from the hug. "Are you okay with that?" I asked, looking for any hesitation on his face. "Yeah, you did those when you were kids when one of you were upset. And I'll be checking on you, so answer my calls when you're there alright?" I nodded and started to pull away from the hug. Oh wait. "So he knows what happened?" I asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "What?" His eyes shot open. "We do those when one of us have problems, so why would he initiate it if you didn't tell him anything?" I crossed my arms over my chest and scoffed. "Well he's your boyfriend, he should know." He said, copying my actions and raising his head a little. "And I know you're not gonna tell him anything so I did it for you. I'm gonna text him to say that you're going." I nodded. "Yeah. Okay. Thanks. I'm gonna go get some stuff and change." He nodded and walked away to the kitchen. "Oh wait!" I called out and he stopped walking. He turned to me and raised his brow. "Why do you have my boyfriend's number??" I cringed my face in confusion. "I asked him when he came over." He shrugged. "Why?" I asked, cringing my face more. "Oh, I figured you'll tell him details about the case. So he's my spy." He wiggled his eyebrows while I scoffed. "That's sly but I like it." I gave him a proud smile and we both laughed. "Go prepare now and I'm gonna be texting my future son." He chuckled as he was entering the kitchen space.