Chapter Twenty-One - A Traitor

Start from the beginning

"Fuck yeah!" David yelled. 

"Let's go." I announced and we got into our cars. 

I will get her this time. I will not go back home until she's sitting beside me safe and sound. I cannot believe I was late and he got her out. 

If I can't protect her, that what use could I be?

After nearly an hour of driving, Cameron slowly halted and in front of us, a house. The car Cameron told us about was parked in front of us. A black jeep. 

"Why would he be here? in a house?" David asked as if he read my mind. 

"Let's find out, shall we?" I said and stepped out of the car. 

We three slowly made our way towards the house. Cameron didn't want to stay in the car and so I agreed to take him with us. The rest of my men stayed very close for my signal. 

We walked to the back of the house and peeked through the windows. I saw Mia sitting on a chair all tied up. Above her was a man who I assume is Luciano. 

He was slapping her and that made me want to barge in and kill him right at that moment. 

I was going in when suddenly another figure emerged, holding two glasses of a drink. My eyes widen at the sight in front of me. 

For a moment I couldn't believe what I am seeing. I couldn't believe that the man I and my sister trusted was standing in front of us, drinking with Luciano as if they are celebrating.

"What the fuck!" David hissed as soon as he saw what I saw.

Suddenly, Luciano slapped Mia again making her face our side. She could see us if she looked carefully. 

I kept gazing at her when her eyes finally met mine. At first they widen, but she acted as if she saw nothing. I then saw her trying to break free from the ropes.

One thing I know about Mia is that she is a master at opening things and it's no different when it comes to a rope. She can untie anything she would put her mind into. 

As soon as she break free from the ropes, we went in. Luciano and his partner quickly took refuge and hid behind a wall. They started shooting our way and thank god Mia held the chair in front of her face and quickly hid somewhere. 

I heard Luciano cursing and trying to escape from the front door, but what he doesn't know is that my men are standing there waiting for him. 

He left his partner and left through the front door only to meet with my men who had their guns pointed at him.

"PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPONS! IT'S OVER LUCIANO!" I yelled, my gun is still aimed at his partner. 

They both put their guns down and my men took Luciano and the other and hand-cuffed them.

This seemed really easy to me and I couldn't but feel uneasy. 

We quickly made our way out, but out of the blue, the house blew sending us miles away. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

MIA

I couldn't feel anything. I just know that I am awake and can hear my surroundings. A voice kept calling my name, but I couldn't open my eyes and lift myself up. 

"MIA! WAKE UP PLEASE!" 

"MIA!" 

A minute later, I managed to open my eyes. I was in someone's arms. I look down and saw River walking us to a car. 

"River?" I whispered weakly.

"Oh my god, you're awake. Thank god!" He said kissing my on my cheek. "You are okay, Mia. You are safe now."