Chapter Forty - The First Confession

Start from the beginning

"How so?"

"For example, if I think about our late father, his heart will come to My side, watching over me. The kitten probably didn't have anyone to remember it, so I  decided to take the role because it's just too sad if nobody remembers it after its death. The world might not be a nice place for the kitten, but maybe it can have fun by watching him chasing you around every day." He chuckled.

"How touching of you, Nii-chan. Well then, from now on, I'm going to remember the kitten together with you so that I could also watch him play with your robes." I said with a laugh.

 "I'm sorry that your hands ended up dirty from digging the grave, but they also look so beautiful in my eyes." He said as he grabbed a napkin from his pocket and wipe my hands. "Also, thank you for praying with me, and I will never forget what you did today."

"You're welcome?" I chuckled not knowing what to respond to Nii-chan. Nii-chan then takes me home after that.

As soon as we have reached home, Kana Nii-chan decided to help Nee-chan make dinner. Although his reasons were that so he can see Nee-chan in an apron and keep the sight to himself or pretend to be newlyweds. Dinner was kind of quite since there was only a few of us here. 

After dinner, I helped Taru-kun with his homework, Nee-chan made  some delicious café au lait after cleaning up the dishes. Nee-chan also shares some with Louis Nii-chan, while Kana Nii-chan is relaxing in the living room with Azusa Nii-chan.

"Muu, why can't I have some?" Taru-kun whined.

"You will, if you are able this problem by yourself." I said.

"Really?!"

"Yup!"

"Yosh! I'm all fired up then!" He exclaimed and went back to solving his homework. 

'Wah, Taru-kun is so cute!'

Due to his determination, Taru-kun was able to solve each of the problem and was rewarded with a café au lait. 'I do kind of miss seeing them every morning, but... I think I am already in my comfort zone. There is just something about living with Hika Nii-sama. It's not just because he is my idol and favorite idol or anything, being with him... I feel whole...safe...'

"I'm home!" my thoughts were broken when Tsubaki Nii-chan appeared with a cheery attitude. "Hey, hey, I have three tickets to the cinema from my friend. Would you like to join us Neko-chan?"

"Me?" I asked. "I don't know,"

"Eh? Why?" He whined and clinged to my side. "Come on, Neko-chan! I hardly see you anymore, I miss having you here. Come one, join us, please!"

"Al-"

"No can do, Imouto-chan has plans with me today." Kana Nii-chan grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Tsubaki Nii-chan.

"I don-"

"Have you already forgotten your plan with me Imouto-chan? How cold," He said. "But no worries we can still go on with our plans. Sorry, Tsubaki."

Azusa Nii-chan, Louis Nii-chan, and I were all surprised to see this because Kana Nii-chan always calls his brothers with nicknames. He doesn't call their full name unless he's really serious.. or angry. 

"Tsk, fine. How about you Imouto-chan?" Tsubaki Nii-chan asked Nee-chan.

"I'll probably just stay here with Wataru, he might need help with his other assignments." Nee-chan answered.

"Louis?"

"I'm free,"

"Let's go then,"

After that event, Kana Nii-chan took me into his room. I am a little bit worried about Nii-chan because he looks angry. 'Did we really had plans? Is he angry that I forgot about it?'

"N-Nii-chan, are you angry at me? Or did I at least did something that made you mad?" I asked hesitantly.

"It's not you fault," He sighed and sat on his bed. "Actually, I don't even understand why I got so irritated over something like this. I'm sorry for dragging you along,"

I decided to sit beside him and hold out my hand, "Hold my hand."

"What?"

"Hold my hand, maybe the warmth from my hand could make you feel calm." I said. 

After a short silence, Nii-chan eventually laughed. "I can never win against you," He then holds my hand and kisses them, "Thank you for making me feel a little better,"

"No problem, it's what sibling do right?" I smiled. "Although this brings back some memories,"

"Like what?" He asked.

"Like the day Nee-chan and I first came here. You also kissed our hands when we first me, I have to admit I was really surprised back then. My first thought was that maybe your grew up in London, because that's how English men greet." I laughed as I reminise that moment.

"Ah, yes. I remember that too,"

"That Ukyo Nii-chan hit you in the head with a frying pan," I laughed. "I'm surprise you didn't have a concussion through all the times Ukyo Nii-chan hit you with a pan,"

"What can I say, I'm a hard-headed man." He joked making the both of us laugh. "But you know, a kiss on the hand is nothing much through all the things we've done done."

"We don't have to remind ourselves of that," I murmured and removed my hand from his.

"Haha, you're so cute when you're embarrassed." He teased then moved closely to me and whispered, "Can I kiss you again?"

"N-No!" I stuttered and tried to move away.

"Hmm? Why? Did you not like the kiss at the beach?" He asked.

"I-I think I should go home now, Hika Nii-"

Before I could continue, he manuevered me into laying on the bed with him on top. "N-Nii-chan!"

All I can see in his face was seriousness and maybe a little bit of anger. He moved closer and whispered in my ear, "Don't bring up other guy's names in front of me," 

I could feel his breath tickle my ears. Then I could feel his lips and tongue, "Nii-chan, stop!"

"No, you need to be punished." He said. "Is this the first time a man has ever licked your ears?"

"Y-Yes,"

"Your lips looks so appealing, it is as if it is calling me to kiss it." He said while he touches my lips.

'What the heck is wrong with Nii-chan! This is not him!'

"I really want to take our relationship to a further step, but no one can tell what's going to happen next. With you leaving with Hikaru, I feel like you are being swept away from me." He said. "I wish you could stay here instead, with me."

"N-Nii-chan, please stop." I yelped as I feel tears rushing down my face. 

"I-Imouto-chan!" He gasped and quickly removed himself on top of me and pulled me to sit instead. "I'm sorry I didn't think that I was going to far,"

I tried to calm myself with Nii-chan wiping my tears away, "I'm sorry Imouto-chan. I promise I won't do those things again,"

"I-It's alright, I just want to get along with you and I know that we haven't seen eye to eye ever since the incident with Iori Nii-chan. And with you teasing me all the time, I am at a loss here." I said. 

"I know, I am truly sorry about that. But I wasn't just teasing you," 

"What?"

"It is true that I want to kiss you, but I should have also thought about your feelings first. Yes, we might be step-sibling for now but, no one knows what's going to happen next." He said. "Just know that... I am serious when it comes to you,"

'Did Nii-chan just confessed his feeling to me?... No way!'

- - - - - 

Sorry if this was short and seemed a bit rushed chapter! Hope you guys like it! Please vote and comment!