Side Story

"You befriend Hancock and she helped you save Ace?"

"Yeah!" Luffy grins. "She's the best! I own her a lot!" The twin brothers exchanged knowing looks and let out a smile.

"I see," Lucas chuckles mentally and Blade just smile softly.

It is obvious to them that Hancock left an impression on their little brother and despite their different ages, she's fallen for him hard. If their little brother taken liking to her then they don't mind at all.

They learn that Luffy is the captain of Strawhat crews and are interested of the stories he told them.

His crews are interesting and they laughed when one of the crew members scared the live out of them after their first meet.

But what really caught him the most was Ace, Rouge and Roger's son and Robin.

A survivor from Ohara Island.

It is surprised to them after discovered that there's someone is alive other than a man who came to their home island. However, they are relieved to know that Luffy saved her. Better than him who swore on revenge and cursed himself as Crust.

About Ace...

If Dan was here, he would show some relief and thankful to know that his nephew is alive and well.

On top of that, he knew that Blade still blamed himself for killing the people he known of and despite the shadow possessed of him, he's still remember the blood on his hands.

"Portgas D Ace huh?" Blade hummed. "It's suited him."

"I have no doubt that boy is a good looking fella since Rouge-san was a beautiful woman," Lucas snickers. "Women will get one look at him and they will swooned at the sight of him!"

Luffy titled his head.

"What does that mean?"

"It's mean Ace will have women fall in love at first sight," Blade explains.

"Why?"

"You will understand in the future," the man said easily, smiling at him.

Then he let out a breath, sad smile on his face and his shoulders shifted as if the slight amount of burden been lifted off of him.

"I am glad that Dan's nephew is still there with you," he said softly. "I will never forgive myself for what I did."

That makes both of them frowned.

"Blade," Lucas pat his brother's shoulder. "It's not your fault. If anything, you just want to find a cure for Luffy and you couldn't helped it."

"But... I should have at least know that this would happen," the man protests. "It's my fault that I leaked the information of Roger-san's family and it's my fault that everyone died."

Luffy goes to tackled him, buried his face on the chest. Blade startled, unconsciously wrapped his arms around the small body and looked down.

"Luffy?"

"It's not your fault," his voice muffled through the shirt. "Not your fault Blade-nii." Then looked up to him. "Do you want to kill them?"

"What?"

"Do you want to kill them?"

"...No," Blade answered.

"Do you want to kill nii-cha?"

"No."

"Then it's okay!" Luffy then beamed at him with big grin. "You're not Clutch and you just wanted to help that's all!"

"It's Crust," Lucas chuckles. "Not Clutch." Luffy pouted. "Same thing!"

Blade blink, stared and let out a small smile. His little brother know how to cheer him up isn't he? Just simple words and it brighten him up almost instantly.

"...I missed this," he mumbled, hugging the boy back and buried his face on the black hair. Luffy just cuddle in the embrace of his brother and smiles widely at another body shuffled closer to them.

Lucas sighed, smiling as he stared fondly at them. The awakening can wait, he just need to spend more time with them.

He just glad that Luffy is living to the fullest and he know that Blade is also felt the same as him.