Secret Of The Past (16)

"Are you saying that when a person died," Robin said. "Their power will vanished instantly?"

"Correct," Scourge smirked, impressed how quick she is. "Those powers are not meant to transfer to another person and those abilities only exists because of the cursed."

"In other word," Marco narrowed his eyes. "People from outside island didn't gain the abilities and only people in that island."

"Exactly."

"But how come Blade has Frey's power?" Tashigi questioned.

"Watch and you'll see."

Lucas keep on glaring at his twin who's smiling down at Luffy in his arms and Dan carrying Rune easily.

They safety reached to the other side across the bridge.

However as soon as he arrived, he marched up and grabbed his shirt. "How the hell did you get his power?" He demanded. "It's belong to Frey!"

Blade just smiled.

"Since you're asking brother," he said. "I have an ability to steal."

"Steal?" Lucas repeated.

Everyone widened their eyes in realization. Only Scourge widened his smirk.

"First Power," Blade commanded. "Steal." Lucas choked, feeling something suffocate inside his chest and his heart started beating.

"Lucas!" Dan cries.

Lucas coughed, fall on his knees as the other twin is in awed at the ability his brother has.

"Such power..." Blade let out a wide grin. "You're definitely grow stronger than ever."

He reached out to place his hand on the head, returning the ability as Lucas breathes to steady his racing heart.

"So that's why he has Frey's power," Whitebeard grunts. "His ability is to steal other people's abilities."

"What a terrifying power," Sengoku muttered under his breath. Scourge just snorted after hearing his comment and keep quiet.

"I will fucking kill you," he swear, glaring up at him.

Blade just chuckles. "Perhaps," he agreed. "But let's not forget that I have Luffy in my arms and," he kneel down and hand on his cheek. "I also have you by my side."

"Go die," Lucas said coldly.

Dragon and Garp winced at his tone.

"Let's get a move on," Blade marched toward the cave. Lucas just followed behind, not wanting to left Luffy. Rune and Dan just exchanged glances then went along.

"I am having a bad feelings about this," Thatch said. The others nodded in agreedment.

"Is my Luffy still in illusion?" Hancock asked worriedly.

Scourge nodded.

Sanji sobbed mentally. How did his idiot rubber captain captured the heart of the most beautiful woman?!

Rune grimaced, recognized the path and there, he saw a light coming from the end of the cave.

Blade seems excited, tighten his arms around Luffy. "We're almost there," he gushed. "I can feel it!"

Lucas break into cold sweat, glancing nervously at Dan who's also looked as if he wanted to go everywhere but here.

"I guess reaching to the Core does make them anxious," Vista said.

"Prove that a monster in there terrying everyone," Izo breathes. "Even Roger's father."

"Dan what are we going to do?" Lucas questioned quietly. "At this rate the monster will destroy everything on its path."

"We need to stop him somehow," Dan whispered. "But how?" Lucas looked frustrated. "Blade has an ability to steal our powers and Luffy-"

"What kind of power does Luffy has?" Dan asked.

They leaned forward with anticipation and curiousity. Sabo and Ace are also curious on what ability does their little brother has.

Lucas looked hesitant and let out a deep breath as if he's bracing himself.

"Luffy have two abilities."

Dan widened his eyes.

"What?"

Dragon bolted up, widening his eyes and wonder if he heard it right.

"Luffy have two abilites?" Chopper gasped in awed. "Cool!"

"No it's not!" Dragon snaps, startling the poor reindeer. The revolutionary leader looked at the screen with pained look, realization hit him hard on why his son and wife are protecting him.

"But how?" Dan wanted to know.

"People can't have two abilities! It's impossible! When a person born with two, that person will suffered with seizure and organs will be boiling from the inside with no explanation then die instantly!"

"Oh..." Chopper gulped.

"I see..." Whitebeard hummed. It's the same with a devil fruit user as well. If a devil fruit user eat another, their body will explode with no trace and lead to death.

Sabo and Ace widened their eyes before looked at each other with horrified expressions.

How did Luffy survived?

Ivankov cried in despair upon hearing about the person developing two abilities and mourn for whoever born with them.

"How?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know!" The man snapped. "All I know is that Luffy somehow managed to survived and the doctor confirmed that he's a miracle child."

"Did your mom told you?"

"She did but she didn't say much," Lucas run his hand over his hair. "I don't want to say this but... I feel like she's hiding something."

Unbeknownst to them, Blade is listening to the conversation with darkened face.