Bianca: hey mia, keith said that you might've accidentally deleted his number !! i know i texted you earlier but i dont think it went through !! hes so worried about you and it always says that he can't reach you whenever he tries to call !! heres his number: 122-333-4444 !! luv you girl !!

I block her the second I see the message pop up on my screen. I might've added more force than necessary but the instant satisfaction that came from it was infinite. I scoop a fork full pasta into my mouth, the pleasant taste doing little to lift my mood. Screw her and the space between her sentence and her double quotation marks. 

"Something wrong?" Ares, with his chin resting against his palm, inquired, raising an eyebrow at me. His other hand was poised over paperwork, sitting at the dining table across from me. I pause, forgetting that he was there. At first I was uncomfortable with eating while he didn't and forcing him to be with me at all times, but after a few meals, I was over it. 

The underlying frustration seems to bubble up inside of me, "It's just that Keith suddenly has everyone texting me. I've got a text from Trev, Lynda, Chloe, and now, Bianca--" Ares sets the pen down with a sigh. We already had this conversation at breakfast, where I told him that I didn't want to block her just yet. 

"I could make it all go away, sweetheart. I told you already, say the word and he'll cease to exist." I shake my head quickly and he chuckles at my reaction. I still couldn't understand how he could say it so casually.

Every part of me knew that he wasn't joking. He would probably make it look like an accident and torture him along the way just for kicks. 

"It isn't anything drastic, it's just a bit annoying." Ares picks up his pen before writing something down into a line. 

"You have tolerance, I'll give you that. A lot more than some of the gods here." Was that a compliment? Or was he calling me a pushover...?

Someone walks into the dining hall, and I turn to look. Gods rarely came to eat, so who...? "Ares, there you are." No. Freaking. Way.

Now this was Bianca's favorite god. I've listened to her gush about him day and night, talking about how he was just the ideal person and how she would never settle for less.

A bit hypocritical now that I think about it.

He had curly hair with a clean undercut, perfectly tan skin, and full lips. Light lashes framed alluring purple eyes that seemed to shine with a thousand stars. Chocolate locks of hair was ruffled in a manner that made every curl seem like it was placed there with tweezers and a microscope. 

Eros, the God of Love. 

"And Mia, oh, I've heard so much about you, mon amour." Did I really cause enough of a hassle for every single god to know about me? He points a finger at me and then raises it. 

What--Holy, oh my god--

I lose my grip on my phone and I drop the fork. 

I'm floating. 

Eros beckons to himself with his finger and I feel like I'm being pulled, levitating over the table and over to him. "Back so soon from France?" Ares finishes with the page, not batting an eye at him. A part of me feels relieved, knowing that the God of War trusts Eros enough to not do anything. 

The other part of me just can't seem to forget the phrase, "All is fair in love and war."

Especially since I'm literally hovering. Hovering. 

"When I heard about your little friend here, I just couldn't wait. I would've come earlier if I could, but my schedule is all messed up. I knew I couldn't trust humans to manage things." Eros peers at me, stopping me about a foot away from him. 

"Erm, hi?" I was unsure of what to do. What can I do? 

"Aren't you just the most adorable little thing, mon amour? So delicate, like a rose." His words are almost poetic and he twirls his finger in a circle. I feel myself spin in a slow circle, a good three feet off the ground. 

It probably wouldn't hurt too much if I fell right? 

"Alright, Eros, put the girl down." Ares gives us his full attention and I find myself slowly floating toward the ground. The God of Love holds his hand out to me and I take it, swallowing hard. My shoes tap against the ground just as I feel his grasp on me fade away. 

Was that telekinesis or something? 

"I never thought that you would be one to sit still or have a mortal hang around you all day. I leave for France for what? Three months and this is what happens?" I look down at our hands, Eros still holding on to me. 

Ares sighs. "Hand." The God of Love lets me go quickly at his voice, putting his palms out defensively. 

"Ah, my bad, mon amour. It's just your touch made me feel like I could do anything." Okay, I have to admit, that was smooth. Eros leaned in close, his fair features making me swallow. And then a warm sensation inside of my chest. "It makes me want to kiss your lips," I feel his hot breath against my skin, and suddenly, the annoyance from this morning comes back. Bianca and Keith.

Keith and Bianca. 

My hand covers the God's mouth right before Ares appears at my side, his eyes blood red. Eros's eyes widened, alarmed at my reaction. "No." It was the only word that I could think of at that moment and I couldn't stop it from leaving my lips.

He stays there stunned for a moment, before Ares drags him back by his shirt. "Mia, mon amour, darling, I am impressed." I furrowed my eyebrows at him, taking a cautious step back. The God of War leveled a similar look at me, his eyes silver hued.

"She broke out of your charm." Ares says, more to himself than to Eros. He pushes the other god a few feet away before taking another step toward me. "I felt your anger. I felt it for a split second." Anger? He presses his hand against my cheek, his gaze intense. "It is like nothing I've ever felt before."

"I want to feel it again, baby girl."

Hiii! Thanks for reading!!

I just realized that I didn't do one of these notes for the past chapter, so oops! 

Also, if I linked my socials would you guys follow them? I kinda only have instagram, but lmk!!

Anyways, onto the chapter review :)

End Of Days? What do you think this sword has to do with Mia? Is it part of the prophecy? Has the prophecy even started yet? 

bleh, bianca and keith aboutta get kickeddddd out >:0

yay, meet Eros! ive been waiting for this one :) What do you think "all is fair in love and war" has to do with his character introduction? btw Ares and Eros are pretty good buddies 

also Eros trying to kiss Mia out of the blue like that... sir stay back

Ares appearing at Mia's side pissed cuz Eros tried to kiss her but then feeling her anger and then being calm??? contain ur moodswings jeezzzz

do you think that her feeling anger had to do with breaking out of Eros's charm?

that's all for today, folks! ill see you next time :) Please comment and vote, I love hearing about what you guys think and like! it makes my day reading your little notes and thoughts and it motivates me to get more chapter out!