Chapter 25

I woke up to a new stabbing pain in my head. The pain was radiating from my forehead down my head and into my spine. The pain was sharp and was not letting up. It seemed to wrap around my whole body making me feel like I was in a cocoon of constant discomfort. The pain seemed to wrap around my lungs, making it hard to breathe. Even though the pain was so bad, I didn't want to get up. I don't want to face the reality of my life. I don't want to be sick. I don't want to be in pain. I don't want to live in fear every second of my life. I want to live freely. All I want is freedom. How can I get that when I'm confined into this sick body that I was given. I'm so weak. I can barely function on my own. This is all getting too much for me. Maybe giving up is easier than living through it. Maybe my brothers would be able to stop worrying about someone who isn't worth the worry. Maybe my Dad's life could go back to the way it was when he didn't have the burden of a sick, abused daughter. I'm thinking that maybe everyone is better off if I go away. I might sound selfish and I don't mean to, but I don't know what to do anymore.

The pain in my head was only getting worse by the second. The ich to get relief was not being scratched. After a few more moments, I couldn't fight it anymore. I opened my aching eyes and groaned very loudly. This caught the attention of Ethan who was laying next to me on his phone.

"Are you alright Bri?" I opened my mouth to speak but the pain was too much to even get words out. I opted to shake my head which made it even worse. I hissed in pain and held my head. I heard him mumble something to someone but I was too focused on the pain to even understand what he was saying. He started to rub his warm hands on my head and down my back. This helped soothe the pain just a tiny bit. "Don't worry Bri, John went to go get the doctor." I gave him a thumbs-up, knowing what would happen if I nodded my head. A very long painful minute passed before the familiar face of Doctor Skies entered my line of sight.

"Hello Bri, how are you feeling?" I looked up at him a tiny bit and gave him a thumbs down. He looked confused before I pointed to my head. "Is your head hurting?" I quickly gave him a double thumbs-up before returning my hands to my head. "Well let's fix that." He left the room for only a short moment before walking back in with pain medicine. He quickly walked over to my IV and injected the cool liquid at the sight of my discomfort. Almost immediately I felt my body relax. The pain slowly started to go away and the relief felt so sweet. I was finally able to look and see who was in my room. Elli, Grayson, Ethan, and Brandon all stood around me, looking worried.

"Don't look at me like that guys." I played with my fingers as my thoughts from earlier circled my brain.

"Look at you like what?" Elli said while scratching the back of his neck, looking confused.

"Don't worry about me. It makes me feel bad. Use your energy on something more important." All of the guys looked appalled at the sentence that just left my mouth. I forgot Doctor Skies was still in my room until I heard him clear his throat.

"Woah Bri, slow down. Where did that come from? Do you want me to call Paige for you?"

"Forget it, never mind. I never said anything." I looked away from them and out the window. I heard Doctor Skies leave the room.

"No Bri, you don't get to just stop talking after you let out a bomb like that," Brandon said while coming closer to me.

"Stop it. I don't want to talk. It should have never come out from my thoughts."

"So you think that you don't deserve our worry?" Grayson butted in.

"No, I don't. I don't think I deserve anything that you guys give me, even love." They all looked hurt for some reason.

"Why would you ever say that?" Ethan asked me while turning me towards him.

"Why would you invest so much into a person that is going to die soon. I'm not worth it. I'm not worth anything. You guys are better off just disconnecting from me now so it doesn't hurt as bad when I die." All of the guys gasped at my statement. I don't know why. They all know I'm going to die. I shouldn't matter that much to them. I'm just a burden.