Chapter 29

The fresh autumn air nipped at the windows that lined this death-ridden building. The days have started to get colder and shorter. My days got shorter, not from the declining weather, but from my declining health. I had just started to improve when everything just hit a standstill again. Spending my days in the hospital rather than home hasn't gotten easier, however, the boys didn't break their promises. The boys are always here and I'm never alone. I've spent years craving to be alone and took comfort in it, but this family has made me resent the feeling of being alone. It's been about a month since the trail. Liam was convicted and sentenced to death. The boys were beyond happy and couldn't wait to let everyone know. I don't know how I feel though. My first friend was sentenced to die while I get to live. Liam was and still is an abusive asshole and deserves the worst but I don't have it in my heart to ever consider being that violent. This painful disease still consumes me whole. I've lost a lot of weight and the boys are losing it. They are worried about me, it's weird. It is still taking some getting used to the care and compassion these boys have given me. Doctor Skye was also very concerned so now I have a feeding tube. This cord haunts me every day. It's so ugly. I'm so ugly. I'm just skin and bones. Everything sticks out and I'm always in pain. I'm not sure how much longer I can fight. I am trying so hard just to breathe, let alone live a whole life. I think the boys have noticed because they have been extra snuggly and careful around me. I didn't even think that was possible. Since my hospital room is my glorified house, Dad has moved some real furniture in the room. Instead of the old and uncomfortable hospital bed, I was upgraded to a memory foam bed that moved and functioned as the original hospital bed. They brought in a huge couch and a bigger TV. Of course, the boys brought their games here so I get to hear them whining all the time because they suck. Dad also brought in a little desk so he can do work here and spend more time with me. My only request was granted as well. The whole room is filled with the softest blankets and a bunch of stuffed animals. Some of them could be used as heating or cooling bags, some were weighted, and some were just super fluffy. It was the best day of my life when the delivery guys came in and unloaded everything. I had never slept better that night. The boys acted like paparazzi and their phones are filled with pictures of me from that day.

This morning has been even worse than normal. I couldn't get my breath all morning. This resulted in me wearing what Grayson calls "my beauty mask" which is just the horrid oxygen mask all morning. Then when it came time to feed me through my tube, my body started rejecting the nutrition. I spent a whole hour throwing up everything that was just pushed down. This also resulted in them having to retube me because I puked up my feeding tube. Now I'm lying in excruciating pain. My muscles screaming at me from my attacks. I sighed and opened my heavy eyes from my long nap.

"Well Good Morning Bri," Dad said in his softest voice, careful not to provoke another painful event.

"Good Morning, Dad." My throat is on fire from the acid spill this morning. "Can I please have some water?" Dad is quick to nod and move to the mini-fridge in the room that held all sorts of goodies. He grabbed me a water and a Gatorade. Coming back over, he opened the water bottle because I was too weak to, and guided the bottle up to my lips. I tried to grab onto the water bottle but my shaking has gotten so much worse that I can't hold anything anymore without either dropping it or spilling it.

"There you go Princess,"

"Thank you Dad," He smiled at me and helped me get settled back into the bed. He was just about to open his mouth to speak to me when Grayson, John, and Brandon came running into the room.

"Good Morning Sugar Plum," John said while running over and jumping on my bed. The groan that left my throat was inhuman sounding.

"What the hell was that?" Grayson asked, his voice laced with worry.