Chapter 22

I woke up to someone rubbing my back. There was a dull pounding in my head. It was a leftover headache from before that hasn't gone away. My stomach seemed to be uneasy but I didn't feel the need to empty my guts. I groaned and tried to move away from the hand but they didn't let up. The person just chuckled and started to rub from my head down to my back.

"Wake up Baby. You need to get up." I realized the voice and the hand belonged to John.

"Go away, please. My head hurts." I turned toward John so he didn't have access to my back. I heard him chuckle again but he made no move to get me up. I sighed and smiled a bit. I was slowly slipping back into sleep when I felt him pull me into his arms. The sudden movement made my head pound even worse. I groaned and held onto him. My body was wrapped around him like a koala. I rested my head on his shoulder as he started to walk. "Why?" I asked while closing my eyes again.

"You said your head hurts so we need to get you medicine and you need to eat." I peeled my eyes open to look at him.

"I just ate! What time is it?" He chuckled and rubbed my back with his free hand.

"Well Love, you slept through the whole day. It is dinner time now. You need to eat more and then take your medicine. Also, Dad wants to talk to you." John reached the stairs and started to walk down them. I squealed and held on as tight as I could.

"Don't drop me!" He laughed at me again and I huffed.

"You are as light a feather, wait no, lighter than a feather."

"Whatever," I muttered and closed my eyes again. He started to rub my back again and I almost cried.

"Stop it!" He put me down and I almost threw a fit. I was absolutely exhausted.

"What are you doing to her?" I hear Ethan say. I opened my heavy eyelids and saw Ethan walking towards us. I took a few steps and was met with his protective, safe arms.

"He woke me up even though I didn't feel good and then he was laughing at me." I pouted as I spoke into Ethan's chest.

"Oh, poor Baby." I heard more chuckles and I just groaned.

"I need pain medication." The laughs stopped and suddenly I was thrown a circle full of protective brothers.

"What hurts?"

"Are you okay?"

"Did someone hurt you?"

"Do we need to call 911?"

"Oh my gosh! Are you dying?"

"What's-" I cut Grayson off by yelling at all of them.

"Shut up! I'm fine. My head is pounding. It is probably from throwing up so much. I just need to take some pain medicine." They all sighed in relief. Ethan just led me to the dining room table and sat me down. They all sat down at their spots and started to talk to each other. I just set my head down on the cool table, seeking some relief. I felt someone come up behind me and put their hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong, Bug?" I recognized Dad's voice and I almost cried. I turned around in my chair and hugged his stomach. I felt tears in the back of my eyes and started breathing faster.

"Woah, Woah, what happened? Talk to me Bambina." I sighed and calmed myself down before pulling away.

"I'm so tired and my head is in extreme pain. John woke me up and then the boys bombarded me with questions and I'm overwhelmed and I don't feel good and-" Dad cut me off by pulling me into his arms and sitting in his chair.

"Oh Dolcezza, I'm so sorry. Let's get some food in you before you take the medicine so you don't get sick and then you can sleep all you want." I just nodded my head and then sat it on his chest. The maids soon brought out the food and everyone looked at me. I looked to Ethan to get me something because I truly had no energy. He understood and started to make me a plate.