Chapter 4

I woke up warm and comfy. I felt strong arms around me, holding me against them. I tried to move but whoever was holding me tightened their grip on me.

"Go back to bed, it's early," Ethan said while moving away from me. I could tell it was Ethan because of his voice and how he moved away from me. I smirked a little bit and turned near him again. I slowly and carefully got up on my knees on the bed and waited for a few seconds. I then forcefully jumped down onto Ethan and sprawled out. "Bri, what the hell are you doing?"

"I am getting comfy so I can go to bed." I faked yawning and closed my eyes. I felt him chuckle and pretend to try to get me off of him. We were both laughing but continuing what we were doing. All of a sudden a lock knock, no, more like a bang interrupted us. I jumped off of Ethan and moved close to him on his side. He grunted and walked to the door. Before he could say anything, a cheerful, perky voice started to talk.

"Good morning Mr. Smith. I was sent by Mr.Black. He says that the breakfast will be in 10 minutes and that you and your sister should attend." He nodded and shut the door on the

lady. I frowned and when he turned around he noticed.

"What's wrong?" He came speeding over to me.

"That was very rude, Eteeweetee," I smirked at him but he glared at me. That was the name that our mom gave to him when he was young and he hates it. His glare turned into a smirk in the blink of an eye.

"I am so sorry Nannies." It was my turn to glare at him. Nannies came from when I was little. My favorite food was bananas but I couldn't say the word. When I tried to say it, it came out as "Can I have some nannies." He just chuckled and started to get ready. I then snapped back into reality and realized that I will have to face everyone from last night.

"Bri, why aren't you getting ready?" I felt tears coming to my eyes and my nose started to burn. I looked up at him and he came over and hugged me. "Bri, it's okay. Nothing will happen to you. I know this is all so much for you. I will be here the whole way." I nodded and moved away from Ethan to get ready. I grabbed a pair of black leggings and one of Ethan's hoodies. It was an old hockey hoodie. It was black with red letters on it spelling his hockey team. On the back, it had our last name in white letters and his number on it. The hoodie went down to almost my knees and the sleeves were way past my hands but I didn't mind. It covers everything which is good for me. I slipped on some black and white checkered vans and walked over to Ethan. He sighed and put his arm around me. He led me out of the room and down some hallways, getting to the stairs. We walked down the stairs and into the dining room. Everyone stopped talking and looked at us. My eyes widened and I moved closer to Ethan. I took a deep breath, trying not to have a panic attack. I breathed in Ethan's scent. Just then a loud booming voice broke the silence.

"Stop staring." I jumped and hid behind Ethan. He started to walk and I stayed behind him like a lost puppy. He sat down on the side of the long table but close to the head of the table. I sat next to him. I looked up and realized that I was also next to James. I looked down again and played with my fingers. Everyone slowly got back to their conversations. I felt a hand on mine and I looked over to see James giving a small smile. "When you are ready I will introduce you to everyone." I nodded my head and thought about it. I can't go forever without meeting them but will I ever be ready? When am I going home? What is going to happen to me? I heard someone start to talk so I came down from my little world.

"Bri, get some food." I turned to Ethan and nodded. I finally looked up at everyone. I saw almost everyone staring at me. I looked at James and saw he was also looking at me.

"W-w-what are they waiting for?" I asked him, just above a whisper.

"They are waiting for you to get food. Ladies first." My eyes widened and I looked around. There are no other girls here except me. I looked at the table and saw a whole buffet. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, everything you can think of is here. I quickly grab a pancake and 2 pieces of bacon. I looked back at James and saw him giving me a weird look. "That's it Bri?" I just nodded and looked down again. I heard him mumble under his breath but told everyone to grab their food. I grabbed a little butter and put it on my pancakes and started to cut them up. I slowly started to eat and put some pieces in my mouth. Ever since the accident, I don't eat very much but to be fair I never did. I ate about half of the pancake and a piece of bacon. I was full and pushed my plate away. James stopped eating and looked at me. "Are you done?" I nodded once again and looked at him. "You need to eat more honey. You need some meat on your bones."

"I can't." That was all I said to James. He sighed and put his hand back on mine. "I will keep an eye on you with your food because I can't have my daughter starving." He smiled at me and I offered a smile back.

"I-I-I think I'm r-r-ready to meet t-t-them," I whispered to James. He looked shocked but quickly covered it up.

"Are you sure?" I nodded and looked at Ethan. He was also smiling at me. James then finally spoke up. "Everyone, can I have your attention?" They all looked at James and stopped eating. "I want you all to meet Bri, your sister." They all looked at me with love in their eyes.

"You don't know how long we have waited to meet you." One of them said, I gave them a small smile.

"So I am going to go from oldest to youngest. Okay, Bri?" I looked at him and nodded. "First it is Trevor, he is 22." He pointed to the guy that talked to me only a minute prior. "Next is Brandon, he is 21." He pointed to the guy to his left. "Elli is next and he is 20." He pointed to the guy on the right of Trevor. "Jake is next and he is 18." Jake was at the head of the table but on the other end of James. "Next is John and he is 17." He was on the left side of Jake. "Now lastly is Grayson and he is 16." He was on the right of John. After trying to learn all of their names my head was pounding.

"I-I-I am B-B-Bri." I looked down and started to try and take deep breaths. I heard a lot of hi's back and I smiled a little. I looked up and they were all smiling at me. I looked at James and he was smiling too. "Can I be excused?" I asked so quietly that I almost didn't hear myself. As soon as he nodded at me I got up and walked out. I need a little time to process everything. I walked around the house till I found the living room. I sat on the couch and laid down. I heard someone come in so I sat up very fast.

"Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." Grayson said while coming in.

"I-I-It's fine." I stuttered out. He came and sat near me.

"I would never hurt you and I know that everyone here would never hurt you." I smiled at him and looked down. I yawned and put my head on my knees. "You can lay down again." I looked at him confused.

"But you're s-s-sitting down?" He smiled at me and spoke up.

"You can still lay down. Here." He patted his lap. I was very hesitant and scared but slowly laid my head on his lap. I felt him move and I was about to get up but he quickly put a blanket on me. I slowly relaxed and closed my eyes. I then felt hands on my head and I flinched a little. I muttered sorry. He just laughed and said that I didn't need to say sorry. I was slowly falling asleep. I then was woken up by everyone rushing in.

"C'e' un problema!" An unknown guy said to Grayson. He just grunted and started to talk but I was so tired that I slowly slipped into sleep. Before I was fully asleep I felt him leave me on the couch as he went and dealt with the guy.